EXCLUSIVE: MGM and Screen Gems have set Portia Doubleday to play bad girl Chris Hargensen and Judy Greer to play the gym teacher Miss Desjardin in the Kim Peirce-directed Carrie remake. Nancy Allen played Hargensen in the original and Betty Buckley played the sympathetic gym teacher who comforts Carrie White when she menstruates and doesn’t understand what is happening because of the guilt hammered into her by her repressive mother. Hargensen triggers Carrie’s telekinetic powers with an atrocious prom prank. The film stars Chloe Moretz as Carrie White, Julianne Moore is playing her mother, while Gabriella Wilde plays Sue Snell.
Portia Doubleday, Judy Greer Join 'Carrie' Remake
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Chuck Schumer Demands House Dump Intel Committee Chair Devin Nunes After White House Deflects Questions
Latest Film News
- WGA West's Board Votes To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The “New Sony”; Plus ‘Spiderman’ Interview…
- ‘Jumanji’: How Director Jake Kasdan & Producer Matt Tolmach Are Changing The Game Of The Classic Book…
- Universal Sets Doctor Dolittle Film With Robert Downey Jr. For 2019
- Sony CinemaCon Presentation: ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’, ‘Blade Runner 2049’, ‘Dark Tower’, ‘Emoji Movie’ & More…
- Paramount Sets Release Dates For ‘Suburbicon’, ‘Action Point’ & ‘A Quiet Place…