EXCLUSIVE: MGM and Screen Gems have set Portia Doubleday to play bad girl Chris Hargensen and Judy Greer to play the gym teacher Miss Desjardin in the Kim Peirce-directed Carrie remake. Nancy Allen played Hargensen in the original and Betty Buckley played the sympathetic gym teacher who comforts Carrie White when she menstruates and doesn’t understand what is happening because of the guilt hammered into her by her repressive mother. Hargensen triggers Carrie’s telekinetic powers with an atrocious prom prank. The film stars Chloe Moretz as Carrie White, Julianne Moore is playing her mother, while Gabriella Wilde plays Sue Snell.
Portia Doubleday, Judy Greer Join 'Carrie' Remake
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings