EXCLUSIVE: MGM and Screen Gems have set Portia Doubleday to play bad girl Chris Hargensen and Judy Greer to play the gym teacher Miss Desjardin in the Kim Peirce-directed Carrie remake. Nancy Allen played Hargensen in the original and Betty Buckley played the sympathetic gym teacher who comforts Carrie White when she menstruates and doesn’t understand what is happening because of the guilt hammered into her by her repressive mother. Hargensen triggers Carrie’s telekinetic powers with an atrocious prom prank. The film stars Chloe Moretz as Carrie White, Julianne Moore is playing her mother, while Gabriella Wilde plays Sue Snell.
Portia Doubleday, Judy Greer Join 'Carrie' Remake
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- Barbet Schroeder On Robert Durst, ‘Amnesia’ & Why He Hasn’t Made A Hollywood Pic In 13 Years…
- ‘Southpaw’ Screening Pumped Up By Fest Chief Thierry Frémaux – Cannes
- Guillermo Del Toro On Enthralling & Energizing Jury Experience – Cannes Q&A
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Compete As ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82