EXCLUSIVE: MGM and Screen Gems have set Portia Doubleday to play bad girl Chris Hargensen and Judy Greer to play the gym teacher Miss Desjardin in the Kim Peirce-directed Carrie remake. Nancy Allen played Hargensen in the original and Betty Buckley played the sympathetic gym teacher who comforts Carrie White when she menstruates and doesn’t understand what is happening because of the guilt hammered into her by her repressive mother. Hargensen triggers Carrie’s telekinetic powers with an atrocious prom prank. The film stars Chloe Moretz as Carrie White, Julianne Moore is playing her mother, while Gabriella Wilde plays Sue Snell.
Portia Doubleday, Judy Greer Join 'Carrie' Remake
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Monday AM Update
- Cannes Film Festival Re-Elects Pierre Lescure As President; Lionsgate Inks Deals For ‘Kicking & Screaming’…
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones & Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home
- ‘Rogue One’ Rises To $980M Global; ‘Passengers’ Takes Over Offshore No. 1 – International…
- Golden Globe Winners 'Moonlight' & 'Elle' Cash In – Specialty Box Office
- ‘La La Land’ Twirls Past $50M Overseas; Shines With $132M Global Box Office