EXCLUSIVE: Leaping from YouTube to the big screen, Spoken Reasons has been added to the cast of The Heat. The online comedy star joins Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy in the Paul Feig-directed film. Specifics are sketchy but Reasons will play a lead character called “Terrell Rojas.” The Fox distributed cop buddy movie, where Bullock’s FBI agent and McCarthy’s Boston cop team up against the Russian mob, starts filming next month. The Heat is the feature film debut for the 23-year old Spoken Reasons, whose real name is John Baker. However it is far from his first time in front of the camera. Producing, directing, writing and starring in skits and music videos on his own YouTube channel, Spoken Reasons has garnered more than 125 million views online. He has more than 500,000 subscribers. A recent collaboration with producer Brian Robbins’ new YouTube-financed channel AwesomenessTV helped put Reasons in front of Feig, who quickly cast him in The Heat, Deadline has learned. Feig is executive producing The Heat. Peter Chernin, Jenno Topping and Dylan Clark will produce. Spoken Reasons is repped by UTA and managed by Steve Rifkind.
Paul Feig's 'The Heat' Adds Online Comic Spoken Reasons
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Poised For $460M+ In Profit; ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Surprises – Box Office Update
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings