EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures has acquired Draft Day, a comic script by Rajiv Joseph and Scott Rothman that has Ivan Reitman attached to direct. Reitman will produce under his Montecito banner with Tom Pollock and Ali Bell. The script revolves around the general manager of the Buffalo Bills as he spends the day of the National Football League draft frantically trying to get the number one pick for his struggling team. Joseph is a Gotham-based playwright and was a 2010 Pulitzer finalist for his play Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo. He is currently a writer on the Showtime series Nurse Jackie. Rothman is also a New York-based scribe who sold his first script, First Timers, to New Line, and sold Frat Boy to Warner Bros with David Dobkin attached to produce. The writers were classmates at New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts, where each earned a Masters of Fine Arts in Dramatic Writing. David Beaubaire and Josh Phillips will oversee for the studio. Gersh reps Joseph and Rothman is repped by CAA and Kaplan Perrone Entertainment.
Paramount Selects Football Comedy 'Draft Day' Spec With Ivan Reitman Attached
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: On Football Violence, And Rethinking Toronto Vs. Telluride Turf War
- What Was I Thinking? IFC President Jonathan Sehring On Funding 'Boyhood' For 12 Years
- Ashley Judd & Demian Bichir Join Voltage's 'Good Kids'
- Toronto: Magnolia, CNN Films Buys 'Sunshine Superman'
- Toronto: Second Jennifer Aniston Pic Catches Buzz North Of The Border
- Richard Linklater Setting Lineup Card For Baseball Movie