Another week, and another Paramount movie in trouble. First there was G.I. Joe 2‘s plot problems leading to reshoots and a release date delay. Then there was World War Z‘s problematic production and required reshoots and third act revision. Now it’s the Michael Bay-produced Ninja Turtles reboot. Paramount says it has pushed back the pic’s start date by 10 weeks in order to cut the budget $10M to $20M down to $125M. That means the release date also will push back: from Christmas 2013 to May 16, 2014. Initially, Paramount hired the Iron Man writing team of Art Marcum and Matt Holloway for close to $1 million to revamp Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for a fast-tracked live action feature film to be released in summer 2012. At the time, the studio was looking at this as its next huge franchise like Transformers. Then the Jonathan Liebesman-directed live action-CGI combo’s release date was pushed to Christmas 2013. Now Paramount tells me it’s pushed again to May 16th, 2014 — presuming that the studio’s cost target is achieved.
Paramount Delays ‘Ninja Turtles’ Start Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don't Come Easily
Seth Rogen To Play Walter Cronkite In 'Newsflash;' David Gordon Green-Helmed Pic On CBS JFK Assassination Coverage
Latest Film News
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don’t…
- Who Reps The Black List 2017 Scripts: The Charts
- ‘Darkest Hour’s Gary Oldman Joins Director Joe Wright And Tells Why He Almost Turned Down The Role Of Churchill – The…
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Katherine Langford To Topline YA Film ‘Spontaneous’
- ‘Detective Pikachu’ Gets Summer 2019 Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Theater Owners Trade Group Has “Extensive Plans” For Kingdom’s Cinemas