Red Bull Media House needed a new home for its action sports and lifestyle shows after one of its biggest customers, Fox’s Fuel TV, decided late last year to focus on mixed martial arts programming. That led to today’s announcement: The content creation unit at the company that produces the well-known energy drink says it forged a “long-term programming partnership” with independent channel Outside Television. It plans to offer the original adventure sports series Pushing Boundaries, and other programs about skiing, kayaking, mountain biking, and surfing. “By uniting our media interests and unique reach, Red Bull Media House and Outside create a significant opportunity to better serve the already deeply devoted and also scoring legions of new converts,” says Outside SVP for programming Rob Faris. “This is only the first iteration of what we anticipate becoming a very significant strategic relationship.” The network, launched in 2010 with help from the publisher of Outside Magazine, is beginning to expand beyond its core markets: it reaches about 6M homes mostly in resort communities. Comcast said last month that it will offer the channel throughout its systems on a special sports tier.
Outside Television Partners With Red Bull Media House For Action Lifestyle Shows
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Will Win Third Weekend Lap With $20M, But It's 'Baahubali 2' That's Surprising - Box Office
Director Jim Sheridan's Next: 'H-Block' Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
Latest TV News
- ‘Roseanne’ Getting Revival With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert & Co.
- NFL Draft: CAA Sports Reps Record-Tying Nine First-Round Picks
- Emmys: Netflix Ramping Up Campaign Strategy With Monthlong ‘FYSee’ Program Targeting Voters
- ‘The Gong Show’ Revival Sets Tommy Maitland (AKA Mike Myers?) As Host
- ‘Ray Donovan’ & ‘Episodes’ Get Summer Premiere Dates; ‘Twin Peaks’ Finale…
- ‘The Vampire Chronicles’: Paramount TV & Anonymous Content Option Anne Rice Books For TV Series