Red Bull Media House needed a new home for its action sports and lifestyle shows after one of its biggest customers, Fox’s Fuel TV, decided late last year to focus on mixed martial arts programming. That led to today’s announcement: The content creation unit at the company that produces the well-known energy drink says it forged a “long-term programming partnership” with independent channel Outside Television. It plans to offer the original adventure sports series Pushing Boundaries, and other programs about skiing, kayaking, mountain biking, and surfing. “By uniting our media interests and unique reach, Red Bull Media House and Outside create a significant opportunity to better serve the already deeply devoted and also scoring legions of new converts,” says Outside SVP for programming Rob Faris. “This is only the first iteration of what we anticipate becoming a very significant strategic relationship.” The network, launched in 2010 with help from the publisher of Outside Magazine, is beginning to expand beyond its core markets: it reaches about 6M homes mostly in resort communities. Comcast said last month that it will offer the channel throughout its systems on a special sports tier.
Outside Television Partners With Red Bull Media House For Action Lifestyle Shows
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content