EXCLUSIVE: OddLot Entertainment is partnering with Sycamore Pictures to co-finance The Way, Way Back, the comedic drama written and being directed by Oscar-winning The Descendants co-scribes Nat Faxon and Jim Rash. Production kicked off yesterday in Massachusetts on the film, which stars Steve Carell, Toni Collette, Sam Rockwell and Liam James. Kevin Walsh is producing via his Walsh Company banner, along with Tom Rice of Sycamore. OddLot’s Gigi Pritzker will now executive produce with Faxon, Rash, Sycamore’s Ben Nearn, and George Parra. The story follows a teenager (James) who comes into his own over the course of the summer through an unlikely friendship with the manager of a local water park (Rockwell). Collette plays the boy’s mother and Carell is her carousing boyfriend. Pritzker’s production banner OddLot most recently produced the Ryan Gosling-starrer Drive, Rabbit Hole and From Prada To Nada.
OddLot To Co-Finance 'The Way, Way Back'
What's Hot on Deadline
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale 'Irredeemable'; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
Latest Film News
- 'Star Wars' Han Solo Film: Alden Ehrenreich Lands The Lead
- ‘Being Charlie’ Clip: Director Rob Reiner’s Personal Film Written By His Son
- Helen Hunt Reteams With ‘Soul Surfer’ Helmer For Sports Tale ‘Live Like Line’
- Petition Calling For SAG Pension Plan Audit Nets 1,000 Signatures
- ‘Supergirl’s Melissa Benoist, 2 Others Join Boston Marathon Bombing Film ‘Patriots Day’
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Directors Joe & Anthony Russo On Their Strange Road To Marvel Mavens…