EXCLUSIVE: OddLot Entertainment is partnering with Sycamore Pictures to co-finance The Way, Way Back, the comedic drama written and being directed by Oscar-winning The Descendants co-scribes Nat Faxon and Jim Rash. Production kicked off yesterday in Massachusetts on the film, which stars Steve Carell, Toni Collette, Sam Rockwell and Liam James. Kevin Walsh is producing via his Walsh Company banner, along with Tom Rice of Sycamore. OddLot’s Gigi Pritzker will now executive produce with Faxon, Rash, Sycamore’s Ben Nearn, and George Parra. The story follows a teenager (James) who comes into his own over the course of the summer through an unlikely friendship with the manager of a local water park (Rockwell). Collette plays the boy’s mother and Carell is her carousing boyfriend. Pritzker’s production banner OddLot most recently produced the Ryan Gosling-starrer Drive, Rabbit Hole and From Prada To Nada.
OddLot To Co-Finance 'The Way, Way Back'
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Bart & Fleming: Girl Power Pics, Cate Blanchett, Melissa McCarthy, Suzanne Somers And Disney Self-Absorption
Latest Film News
- Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn’t – But Who’s Complaining After Cinema’s…
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Cannes: Audiard’s ‘Dheepan’ Wins Palme D’Or At Emotional, Musical Ceremony – Update
- Mathematician John Nash, Subject Of ‘A Beautiful Mind’, Dies In Car Crash
- Bart & Fleming: Girl Power Pics, Cate Blanchett, Melissa McCarthy, Suzanne Somers And Disney Self-Absorption
- Memorial Day B.O. Runs Cold: ‘Tomorrowland’ Is No Flying Car With $40.7M Bow – Second Sunday Update