EXCLUSIVE: OddLot Entertainment is partnering with Sycamore Pictures to co-finance The Way, Way Back, the comedic drama written and being directed by Oscar-winning The Descendants co-scribes Nat Faxon and Jim Rash. Production kicked off yesterday in Massachusetts on the film, which stars Steve Carell, Toni Collette, Sam Rockwell and Liam James. Kevin Walsh is producing via his Walsh Company banner, along with Tom Rice of Sycamore. OddLot’s Gigi Pritzker will now executive produce with Faxon, Rash, Sycamore’s Ben Nearn, and George Parra. The story follows a teenager (James) who comes into his own over the course of the summer through an unlikely friendship with the manager of a local water park (Rockwell). Collette plays the boy’s mother and Carell is her carousing boyfriend. Pritzker’s production banner OddLot most recently produced the Ryan Gosling-starrer Drive, Rabbit Hole and From Prada To Nada.
OddLot To Co-Finance 'The Way, Way Back'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Feels "Blessed" By Donald Trump's Pick Of Potty-Mouth Scaramucci As Communications Chief
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest Film News
- ‘The Murders Of Molly Southbourne’ Picked Up By Cathy Schulman’s Welle Ent.
- New ‘Flint’ Water Crisis Documentary Unveiled At Traverse City Film Festival
- George Clooney Promises Legal Action Over Paparazzi Photos Of Infants
- Marty Sklar Dies: Longtime Imagineer, Theme Park Designer & Walt Disney’s “Right-Hand Man” Was 83
- Peter Bart: Police Sadism In ‘Detroit’ May Stir Audiences, But Will It Also Provoke Them?
- ‘LBJ’ Trailer: Woody Harrelson As 36th President In Rob Reiner’s Next Film