EXCLUSIVE: OddLot Entertainment is partnering with Sycamore Pictures to co-finance The Way, Way Back, the comedic drama written and being directed by Oscar-winning The Descendants co-scribes Nat Faxon and Jim Rash. Production kicked off yesterday in Massachusetts on the film, which stars Steve Carell, Toni Collette, Sam Rockwell and Liam James. Kevin Walsh is producing via his Walsh Company banner, along with Tom Rice of Sycamore. OddLot’s Gigi Pritzker will now executive produce with Faxon, Rash, Sycamore’s Ben Nearn, and George Parra. The story follows a teenager (James) who comes into his own over the course of the summer through an unlikely friendship with the manager of a local water park (Rockwell). Collette plays the boy’s mother and Carell is her carousing boyfriend. Pritzker’s production banner OddLot most recently produced the Ryan Gosling-starrer Drive, Rabbit Hole and From Prada To Nada.
OddLot To Co-Finance 'The Way, Way Back'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest Film News
- Barry Jenkins’ ‘Moonlight’ To Shine On Rome Film Fest’s Opening Night
- ‘Before The Flood’ Trailer: Leonardo DiCaprio’s Documentary On Climate Change
- ‘Milton’s Secret’ Sneak Peek: First Film Based On An Eckhart Tolle Book Challenges The Young Mind
- Anaïs Nin Short Stories Optioned To Hook Up With Film & TV
- David Rubin Set To Produce 2016 Governors Awards
- Viola Davis Joins Steve McQueen’s ‘Widows’