British media are reporting that Nicole Scherzinger, who earlier this year was booted from the U.S. version of Simon Cowell’s X Factor along with Paula Abdul and Steve Jones, has joined the UK incarnation of the competition series as a judge replacing former Destiny’s Child star Kelly Rowland. A report surfaced in the Daily Mail and other outlets quickly followed. Scherzinger was replaced by Britney Spears on the U.S. X Factor. Scherzinger initially was offered £500K ($777K) to join the show, the Mirror reported, but negotiated a higher fee and will receive £750K ($1.17M). She is expected to join fellow judges Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh and Tulisa Contostavlos for Monday’s auditions in Newcastle, the Sun reported. An announcement is expected shortly.
Nicole Scherzinger To Join UK 'X Factor': Reports
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest TV News
- Actors’ Equity Re-Elects Kate Shindle As President
- ‘Floribama Shore’ Gets Season 2 Premiere Date On MTV; First Teaser
- TV Talk Podcast: No Nicole Kidman Or Jessica Lange Leaves Best Actress Limited Series Wide Open For Emmys
- TV Series Based On Japan’s Rent-A-Relative Business In Works At Anonymous Content, Paramount TV & Condé Nast
- ‘Claws’ Showrunner Janine Sherman Barrois Inks New Overall Deal With WBTV
- ‘Hair’ Will Be NBC’s 2019 Spring Musical; Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Producing