British media are reporting that Nicole Scherzinger, who earlier this year was booted from the U.S. version of Simon Cowell’s X Factor along with Paula Abdul and Steve Jones, has joined the UK incarnation of the competition series as a judge replacing former Destiny’s Child star Kelly Rowland. A report surfaced in the Daily Mail and other outlets quickly followed. Scherzinger was replaced by Britney Spears on the U.S. X Factor. Scherzinger initially was offered £500K ($777K) to join the show, the Mirror reported, but negotiated a higher fee and will receive £750K ($1.17M). She is expected to join fellow judges Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh and Tulisa Contostavlos for Monday’s auditions in Newcastle, the Sun reported. An announcement is expected shortly.
Nicole Scherzinger To Join UK 'X Factor': Reports
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'