CBS Corp said today that it is forming CBS Sports Radio, a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week lineup of national programming from CBS Radio and CBS Sports that will debut January 2, 2013. CBS Sports-branded hourly updates will kick off on affiliate stations beginning September 4. Cumulus Media will be the network’s exclusive syndicator and sales partner to secure affiliate agreements and ad sales with radio stations nationwide through Cumulus Media Networks. In addition, Cumulus will make CBS Sports Radio programming available on 67 of its owned stations. That puts the new programming in nine of the nation’s top 10 markets at launch, with a cumulative audience reach at debut close to 10 million listeners.
CBS Creates National Sports Radio Unit
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…