Netflix says this morning that it has a multi-year exclusive deal with Warner Bros Domestic Television Distribution to domestically stream all previous season episodes of ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars and The Lying Game. Season 1 of Pretty Little Liars is already available and Season 2 will be up July 3. The first season of The Lying Game will become available in early 2013 after the second season begins on ABC Family. The deal means that “new viewers will have the opportunity to discover the show and catch up which will, in turn, bring new fans to the original episodes on ABC Family,” says WBDTD president Ken Werner. Some analysts question that assumption: Ratings for Viacom’s Nickelodeon plummeted after many of its shows appeared on Netflix.
Netflix To Stream Warner Bros' 'Pretty Little Liars' And 'The Lying Game'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Lassos $185M Overseas, $279M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $739M Global - International Box Office
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Surge As Eagles Claw Cowboys; Trump Says NFL Should "Suspend" Marshawn Lynch
Latest TV News
- Government Poised To File Suit To Block AT&T-Time Warner Deal: Reports
- Art Directors Guild Sets Norm Newberry For Career Award
- ‘One Day She’ll Darken’: Connie Nielsen Cast In Patty Jenkins’ TNT Series
- Syfy’s ‘The Magicians’ Gets Season 3 Premiere Date & Trailer
- NBC Sets Golden Globes 75th Anniversary Special
- E! Buys ‘Juicy Stories’ Dramedy From Michael Patrick King, Amy Harris & Juicy Couture Founders With…