Netflix says this morning that it has a multi-year exclusive deal with Warner Bros Domestic Television Distribution to domestically stream all previous season episodes of ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars and The Lying Game. Season 1 of Pretty Little Liars is already available and Season 2 will be up July 3. The first season of The Lying Game will become available in early 2013 after the second season begins on ABC Family. The deal means that “new viewers will have the opportunity to discover the show and catch up which will, in turn, bring new fans to the original episodes on ABC Family,” says WBDTD president Ken Werner. Some analysts question that assumption: Ratings for Viacom’s Nickelodeon plummeted after many of its shows appeared on Netflix.
Netflix To Stream Warner Bros' 'Pretty Little Liars' And 'The Lying Game'
What's Hot on Deadline
Samantha Geimer, Victim In Roman Polanski Sex Case, Strongly Defends Him Inside And Outside Of Court
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
'Justice League' Lassos $185M Overseas, $279M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $739M Global - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Alexander Skarsgard Joins ‘The Little Drummer Girl’ Opposite Florence Pugh
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Female Staff Defend Al Franken Amid Sexual Harassment Allegations
- ‘Monday Night Football’ Ratings Up As Falcons Beat Seahawks In Close Game
- How Harvey Weinstein Used NDAs And Personal Bank Accounts To Silence Accusers: Report
- Gayle King, Norah O'Donnell Kick Off ‘CBS This Morning’ With Frank Talk About Charlie Rose
- ‘The Raid’s Gareth Evans Creates Gangland Drama For HBO’s Cinemax & Sky