Netflix says this morning that it has a multi-year exclusive deal with Warner Bros Domestic Television Distribution to domestically stream all previous season episodes of ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars and The Lying Game. Season 1 of Pretty Little Liars is already available and Season 2 will be up July 3. The first season of The Lying Game will become available in early 2013 after the second season begins on ABC Family. The deal means that “new viewers will have the opportunity to discover the show and catch up which will, in turn, bring new fans to the original episodes on ABC Family,” says WBDTD president Ken Werner. Some analysts question that assumption: Ratings for Viacom’s Nickelodeon plummeted after many of its shows appeared on Netflix.
Netflix To Stream Warner Bros' 'Pretty Little Liars' And 'The Lying Game'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Revenge' Ratings Leap After Cancellation, 'Secrets & Lies', 'Last Man On Earth' & 'Madam Secretary' Finales Even
Latest TV News
- IATSE and AMPTP Reach Three-Year Area Standards Deal
- NBC, ESPN Win Big At 36th Annual Sports Emmys
- Debbie Allen To Serve As Executive Producer/Director On ‘Grey’s Anatomy’
- Hulu Lands ‘Myst’ Drama From Legendary TV & Matt Tolmach Based On Video Game
- ‘Penny Dreadful’ Ratings Fall From Season 1, ‘Nurse Jackie’ Rises For Showtime
- Aldous Huxley’s ‘Brave New World’ To Be Developed By Syfy & Amblin TV