Netflix says this morning that it has a multi-year exclusive deal with Warner Bros Domestic Television Distribution to domestically stream all previous season episodes of ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars and The Lying Game. Season 1 of Pretty Little Liars is already available and Season 2 will be up July 3. The first season of The Lying Game will become available in early 2013 after the second season begins on ABC Family. The deal means that “new viewers will have the opportunity to discover the show and catch up which will, in turn, bring new fans to the original episodes on ABC Family,” says WBDTD president Ken Werner. Some analysts question that assumption: Ratings for Viacom’s Nickelodeon plummeted after many of its shows appeared on Netflix.
Netflix To Stream Warner Bros' 'Pretty Little Liars' And 'The Lying Game'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Apple Beats Earnings Expectations With Help From iPhones, But Not iPads
- How The New York Times Missed The Story About HBO, CBS, And The Web
- Movie Ticket Outlays Averaged $8.08 In Q3, Up 3.1% From Last Year
- Fox And Tribune Call Off Their NFL-Related TV Battle For Seattle
- Google Shares Slip After It Misses Q3 Earnings Expectations
- CBS Launches $5.99-A-Month Subscription Streaming Service