Netflix says this morning that it has a multi-year exclusive deal with Warner Bros Domestic Television Distribution to domestically stream all previous season episodes of ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars and The Lying Game. Season 1 of Pretty Little Liars is already available and Season 2 will be up July 3. The first season of The Lying Game will become available in early 2013 after the second season begins on ABC Family. The deal means that “new viewers will have the opportunity to discover the show and catch up which will, in turn, bring new fans to the original episodes on ABC Family,” says WBDTD president Ken Werner. Some analysts question that assumption: Ratings for Viacom’s Nickelodeon plummeted after many of its shows appeared on Netflix.
Netflix To Stream Warner Bros' 'Pretty Little Liars' And 'The Lying Game'
What's Hot on Deadline
How Paramount's 'Ghost In The Shell' Hacked 'Mr. Robot's Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media By Storm
Latest TV News
- ‘Dynasty’ Reboot Set At the CW With Josh Schwartz & Stephanie Savage
- Fox Orders Gordon Ramsay Live Food Variety Show ‘The F Word’
- Viacom’s New Directors Will Lead Committee Weighing CBS Deal
- Donald Trump’s Mic Really Did Have Issues, Says Debate Commission
- ‘Criminal Minds’: Damon Gupton Cast As New Regular After Thomas Gibson’s Exit
- ‘Girls’: Lena Dunham, Cast & Crew Say Goodbye As Final Episode Wraps