Netflix says this morning that it has a multi-year exclusive deal with Warner Bros Domestic Television Distribution to domestically stream all previous season episodes of ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars and The Lying Game. Season 1 of Pretty Little Liars is already available and Season 2 will be up July 3. The first season of The Lying Game will become available in early 2013 after the second season begins on ABC Family. The deal means that “new viewers will have the opportunity to discover the show and catch up which will, in turn, bring new fans to the original episodes on ABC Family,” says WBDTD president Ken Werner. Some analysts question that assumption: Ratings for Viacom’s Nickelodeon plummeted after many of its shows appeared on Netflix.
Netflix To Stream Warner Bros' 'Pretty Little Liars' And 'The Lying Game'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
Fred Savage: Fox Calls Harassment Claims Against 'The Grinder' Actor "Unfounded", Finds No Evidence of Wrongdoing
Latest TV News
- Daniel Ezra Lands the Lead In Spencer Paysinger CW Pilot From Greg Berlanti
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ Series Finale: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas & Emilie de…
- ‘Our People’: Matthew Glave & Skai Jackson Cast In Fox Comedy Pilot From Lee Daniels
- New Hollywood Podcast: Shangela Dishes On ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ Queens And Working On The Remake Of ‘A Star Is Born…
- Tribeca Film Festival Sets ‘The Trayvon Martin Story’, ‘Cobra Kai’ For Tribeca TV Lineup
- ‘Suits’: Amanda Schull Promoted To Series Regular For Season 8 Of USA Drama