Netflix says this morning that it has a multi-year exclusive deal with Warner Bros Domestic Television Distribution to domestically stream all previous season episodes of ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars and The Lying Game. Season 1 of Pretty Little Liars is already available and Season 2 will be up July 3. The first season of The Lying Game will become available in early 2013 after the second season begins on ABC Family. The deal means that “new viewers will have the opportunity to discover the show and catch up which will, in turn, bring new fans to the original episodes on ABC Family,” says WBDTD president Ken Werner. Some analysts question that assumption: Ratings for Viacom’s Nickelodeon plummeted after many of its shows appeared on Netflix.
Netflix To Stream Warner Bros' 'Pretty Little Liars' And 'The Lying Game'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Little Women’: Angela Lansbury In Talks For Miniseries Adaptation At BBC & PBS
- How ‘The Immortal Life’ Director George C. Wolfe Honored The Life And Legacy Of Henrietta Lacks
- ‘My Dinner With Hervé’: First-Look Photo Of Peter Dinklage As Hervé Villechaize In HBO Movie
- Limited Series In Works Based On New Evidence Of Clutter Family Murders, Basis For Capote Bestseller ‘In Cold Blood…
- ‘Casual’ Creator Zander Lehmann On Season 3 Character Developments In Series Run By Three Showrunners
- George R.R. Martin’s ‘Nightflyers’ Gets Syfy Pilot Order, Hypnotic & UCP Produce