Netflix says this morning that it has a multi-year exclusive deal with Warner Bros Domestic Television Distribution to domestically stream all previous season episodes of ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars and The Lying Game. Season 1 of Pretty Little Liars is already available and Season 2 will be up July 3. The first season of The Lying Game will become available in early 2013 after the second season begins on ABC Family. The deal means that “new viewers will have the opportunity to discover the show and catch up which will, in turn, bring new fans to the original episodes on ABC Family,” says WBDTD president Ken Werner. Some analysts question that assumption: Ratings for Viacom’s Nickelodeon plummeted after many of its shows appeared on Netflix.
Netflix To Stream Warner Bros' 'Pretty Little Liars' And 'The Lying Game'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Charter Ready To Go After Time Warner Cable If Comcast Deal Falls
- NBC Smiles At Plan To Create Subscription Web Service For Comedy
- Discovery CEO Warns Cable Ops: Develop TV Everywhere, Or Else
- Movie Superheroes Will Pummel One Another’s Ticket Sales – Analyst
- Nielsen Reasserts Its Local TV Ratings Clout With New Tribune Deal
- Carl Icahn Backs Off Gannett Proxy Fight After It Agrees To Governance Terms