The season two premiere of MTV’s comedy series Awkward in an upgraded 10:30 PM time slot drew 2.2 million viewers and a 2.2 rating among people P12-34 last night. That was up 29% in both total viewers and 12-34 over the July 2011 series premiere when Awkward aired at 11 PM on Mondays, following Teen Mom. Last night, Awkward impressively built onto its lead-in, Jersey Shore offshoot Snooki & JWoww (2.06 million viewers) which was down a modest 6% from its series premiere last Thursday. Including the premiere episode and two encore airings, Awkward drew in a combined 3.8 million total viewers.
MTV's 'Awkward' Up In Second Season Premiere, 'Snooki & JWoww' Slips In Week 2
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest TV News
- Fox Developing Soap From ‘No Good Deed’ Writer & Chernin Entertainment
- ‘Lady In The Mask’ Psychological Thriller Drama From Amblin TV Set At the CW
- Shelter PR Launches Film & TV Division With Hire Of Former Paramount Exec
- ‘Saturday Night Live’: Colin Jost & Michael Che Named Co-Head Writers Of NBC Show
- Donald Trump Looks Like A Real Winner If Disney & Fox Deal Gets Done
- TV Academy Reclassifies Variety Special Emmy Categories; Splits Some Costume, Directing & Sound Editing Fields