With Twilight mania subsiding, ratings for the MTV Movie Awards are going down too. Last night’s 2012 MTV Movie Awards delivered a 2.8 rating in persons 12-34 and 3.2 million total viewers. That is down 28% in 12-34 from last year. Immediately following the awards show, the Season 2 premiere of Teen Wolf drew 2.1 million viewers and a 2.0 rating in 12-34, down 5% in the demo from the series premiere that aired after the MTV Movie Awards last year. That wasn’t bad considering the show’s far weaker lead-in this year but the series received an even better news today when its second season landed the second biggest California production tax credit, $10.5 million, improving significantly its bottom line.
MTV Movie Awards Down From Last Year
What's Hot on Deadline
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
Latest TV News
- Major London Film & TV Studio Moves Ahead After $140m Deal With Pacifica Ventures
- ‘The Terror’: AMC To Launch Entire First Season For Premiere Customers
- Rex Tillerson’s “Very Mean-Spirited Town” Exit Speech Goes Over Big In D.C.
- Weinstein Co. TV Exec Megan Spanjian Moves To UTA
- AT&T And Government Trade Opening Salvos As Antitrust Showdown Begins
- CNN’s Jeff Zucker Says Fox News Is State-Run Propaganda: “TASS Has Nothing On Them”