With Twilight mania subsiding, ratings for the MTV Movie Awards are going down too. Last night’s 2012 MTV Movie Awards delivered a 2.8 rating in persons 12-34 and 3.2 million total viewers. That is down 28% in 12-34 from last year. Immediately following the awards show, the Season 2 premiere of Teen Wolf drew 2.1 million viewers and a 2.0 rating in 12-34, down 5% in the demo from the series premiere that aired after the MTV Movie Awards last year. That wasn’t bad considering the show’s far weaker lead-in this year but the series received an even better news today when its second season landed the second biggest California production tax credit, $10.5 million, improving significantly its bottom line.
MTV Movie Awards Down From Last Year
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- NBC Cancels 'Working The Engels'
- Fox Buys Sibling Rivalry Comedy From Dana Klein With Put Pilot Commitment
- Showtime Renews 'Ray Donovan' & 'Masters Of Sex' For Third Season