With Twilight mania subsiding, ratings for the MTV Movie Awards are going down too. Last night’s 2012 MTV Movie Awards delivered a 2.8 rating in persons 12-34 and 3.2 million total viewers. That is down 28% in 12-34 from last year. Immediately following the awards show, the Season 2 premiere of Teen Wolf drew 2.1 million viewers and a 2.0 rating in 12-34, down 5% in the demo from the series premiere that aired after the MTV Movie Awards last year. That wasn’t bad considering the show’s far weaker lead-in this year but the series received an even better news today when its second season landed the second biggest California production tax credit, $10.5 million, improving significantly its bottom line.
MTV Movie Awards Down From Last Year
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres