With Twilight mania subsiding, ratings for the MTV Movie Awards are going down too. Last night’s 2012 MTV Movie Awards delivered a 2.8 rating in persons 12-34 and 3.2 million total viewers. That is down 28% in 12-34 from last year. Immediately following the awards show, the Season 2 premiere of Teen Wolf drew 2.1 million viewers and a 2.0 rating in 12-34, down 5% in the demo from the series premiere that aired after the MTV Movie Awards last year. That wasn’t bad considering the show’s far weaker lead-in this year but the series received an even better news today when its second season landed the second biggest California production tax credit, $10.5 million, improving significantly its bottom line.
MTV Movie Awards Down From Last Year
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- USA Network Renews 'Satisfaction', Cancels 'Rush'
- Nielsen Mystery: Why Are ABC's Fast National Ratings Grossly Underreported?
- TV Land Picks Up 'Impastor' & 'Teachers' To Series
- 'Utopia' Moves To Friday, Replaced By 'MasterChef Junior' On Tuesday
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS