NBC executives are negotiating in secret on plans to replace Ann Curry on the Today show, the New York Times reports. Curry’s future as co-host has been in doubt for some time, especially after ABC’s Good Morning America knocked NBC’s iconic show from its longtime perch atop the ratings. Even before GMA’s big score, some at NBC were unhappy with her co-hosting style. Matt Lauer recently signed a new deal but NBC executives began discussions with Curry about moving her into a different job at the network. She became co-anchor last year, succeeding Meredith Viera after some 14 years in other roles on Today. Those negotiations are expected to be resolved before NBC’s Summer Olympics coverage begins. As for Curry’s replacement, the name that has been most talked about is Savannah Guthrie, who co-hosts the third hour of Today.
More Speculation About Ann Curry Exit From NBC's 'Today'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Ray Strache To SVP Acquisitions & Co-Productions