NBC executives are negotiating in secret on plans to replace Ann Curry on the Today show, the New York Times reports. Curry’s future as co-host has been in doubt for some time, especially after ABC’s Good Morning America knocked NBC’s iconic show from its longtime perch atop the ratings. Even before GMA’s big score, some at NBC were unhappy with her co-hosting style. Matt Lauer recently signed a new deal but NBC executives began discussions with Curry about moving her into a different job at the network. She became co-anchor last year, succeeding Meredith Viera after some 14 years in other roles on Today. Those negotiations are expected to be resolved before NBC’s Summer Olympics coverage begins. As for Curry’s replacement, the name that has been most talked about is Savannah Guthrie, who co-hosts the third hour of Today.
More Speculation About Ann Curry Exit From NBC's 'Today'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘SMILF’: Samara Weaving & Ismael Cruz Cordova Join Showtime Comedy Pilot
- TNT’s Kevin Reilly, Execs From Hulu & Sony TV Join Peabodys Advisory Board
- Howard Davies Dies; Helen Mirren Lauds Acclaimed British Theater Director
- Trevor Noah Dives Into Megyn Kelly Vs. Newt Gingrich Food Fight
- Suspect In Destruction Of Donald Trump’s Walk Of Fame Star Arrested By LAPD – Update
- Raven-Symoné Becomes Latest To Leave ‘The View’