NBC executives are negotiating in secret on plans to replace Ann Curry on the Today show, the New York Times reports. Curry’s future as co-host has been in doubt for some time, especially after ABC’s Good Morning America knocked NBC’s iconic show from its longtime perch atop the ratings. Even before GMA’s big score, some at NBC were unhappy with her co-hosting style. Matt Lauer recently signed a new deal but NBC executives began discussions with Curry about moving her into a different job at the network. She became co-anchor last year, succeeding Meredith Viera after some 14 years in other roles on Today. Those negotiations are expected to be resolved before NBC’s Summer Olympics coverage begins. As for Curry’s replacement, the name that has been most talked about is Savannah Guthrie, who co-hosts the third hour of Today.
More Speculation About Ann Curry Exit From NBC's 'Today'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Bill Maher Joins Celebs Prepping For Monday - UPDATE
Latest TV News
- California Enacts Law Preventing IMDb From Listing Actors' Ages
- Courtney Cox & Lisa Kudrow Are There For Each Other For ‘Friends’ Quiz
- ‘Big Bang’, ‘Gotham’, ‘Lucifer’, ‘Good Place’ Lead Premiere Monday L3…
- Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban’s Pre-Debate Bait; Bill Maher Joins Celebs Prepping For Monday – UPDATE
- ‘MacGyver’ Off To Strong Ratings Start On Friday, ‘The Exorcist’ Modest In Debut
- Bruce Springsteen Talks Elvis, Beatles And Trump On Stephen Colbert’s ‘Late Show’