NBC executives are negotiating in secret on plans to replace Ann Curry on the Today show, the New York Times reports. Curry’s future as co-host has been in doubt for some time, especially after ABC’s Good Morning America knocked NBC’s iconic show from its longtime perch atop the ratings. Even before GMA’s big score, some at NBC were unhappy with her co-hosting style. Matt Lauer recently signed a new deal but NBC executives began discussions with Curry about moving her into a different job at the network. She became co-anchor last year, succeeding Meredith Viera after some 14 years in other roles on Today. Those negotiations are expected to be resolved before NBC’s Summer Olympics coverage begins. As for Curry’s replacement, the name that has been most talked about is Savannah Guthrie, who co-hosts the third hour of Today.
More Speculation About Ann Curry Exit From NBC's 'Today'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Greg Berlanti Dramas From Chris Fedak & Jennifer Johnson Set At CBS As Put Pilots
- ‘Blindspot’ Gets Full-Season Order By NBC
- Francois Arnaud Joins NBC Drama ‘Blindspot’; LisaGay Hamilton In ‘The Wilding’
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’: Wynn Everett, Lotte Verbeek, More Join Season 2 Cast
- ‘American Gothic’ Murder Mystery Drama Gets CBS Series Order For Summer 2016
- ‘Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Gets Second Season On Disney XD