NBC executives are negotiating in secret on plans to replace Ann Curry on the Today show, the New York Times reports. Curry’s future as co-host has been in doubt for some time, especially after ABC’s Good Morning America knocked NBC’s iconic show from its longtime perch atop the ratings. Even before GMA’s big score, some at NBC were unhappy with her co-hosting style. Matt Lauer recently signed a new deal but NBC executives began discussions with Curry about moving her into a different job at the network. She became co-anchor last year, succeeding Meredith Viera after some 14 years in other roles on Today. Those negotiations are expected to be resolved before NBC’s Summer Olympics coverage begins. As for Curry’s replacement, the name that has been most talked about is Savannah Guthrie, who co-hosts the third hour of Today.
More Speculation About Ann Curry Exit From NBC's 'Today'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Arrow/Flash Spinoff Enlists Arthur Darvill To Play Rip Hunter
- Nickelodeon Hires SVP To Boost Preschool Division Following Layoffs
- ‘Nightly News’ Wee-Hours Eyeballs Poked Out Of Nielsen Ratings
- Emmanuelle Vaugier Joins ABC’s ‘Mistresses'; Japheth Gordon & Joey Pollari Cast In ‘Take It From Us…
- Trevor Noah Sets Pundits To Chewing Fat Furiously: “Bold” Choice By Comedy Central
- EuropaCorp TV USA Sets ‘These Final Hours’ Series Adaptation, Sniper Drama