British Columbia-based film production and finance group Bron Studios is launching Bron Animation to develop and produce original kids animated fare for television and films. The aim is an “emphasis on absurd comedy with an edgy tone that parents will also enjoy”. The first project in production is a pair of TV specials based on Mighty Mighty Monsters, the Sean Patrick O’Reilly book series. The books revolve around a group of classic movie monster kids — Frankenstein, Dracula and Wolfman — who are expelled from monster school and sent to a human immersion program at a “normal” human middle school. Two hour-long specials are planned. Bron Studios is currently in post-production on A Single Shot, starring Sam Rockwell, Jeffrey Wright, Jason Isaacs, Melissa Leo, and William H. Macy.
Kids-Targeted Bron Animation Launches With 'Mighty Mighty Monsters'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Latest Film News
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ Now Screaming A $25M-$26M Opening Weekend – Early Sunday Update
- Nate Parker: Earlier Comments Made “From A Standpoint Of Ignorance”
- First Look At ‘Downton’s Dan Stevens As Golden-Locked ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Prince
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Review: Roberto Duran Boxing Biopic Takes Too Many Swings
- Ty Burrell Latest To Join ‘Rock That Body’
- Edward Snowden To Appear Via Satellite In U.S. Theaters Ahead Of ‘Snowden’ Opening