British Columbia-based film production and finance group Bron Studios is launching Bron Animation to develop and produce original kids animated fare for television and films. The aim is an “emphasis on absurd comedy with an edgy tone that parents will also enjoy”. The first project in production is a pair of TV specials based on Mighty Mighty Monsters, the Sean Patrick O’Reilly book series. The books revolve around a group of classic movie monster kids — Frankenstein, Dracula and Wolfman — who are expelled from monster school and sent to a human immersion program at a “normal” human middle school. Two hour-long specials are planned. Bron Studios is currently in post-production on A Single Shot, starring Sam Rockwell, Jeffrey Wright, Jason Isaacs, Melissa Leo, and William H. Macy.
Kids-Targeted Bron Animation Launches With 'Mighty Mighty Monsters'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Latest Film News
- Paul Walker’s Father Sues Porsche For ‘Fast And Furious’ Actor’s Death
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Gets PG-13 Rating
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The…
- Elmo Williams Dies: Oscar-Winning ‘High Noon’ Editor Was 102
- ‘The Good Dinosaur’ Review: Pixar’s Latest Isn’t Its Greatest, But Kids Won’t Mind
- Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman Says Sumner Redstone “Engaged & Attentive” In Response To Lawsuit