British Columbia-based film production and finance group Bron Studios is launching Bron Animation to develop and produce original kids animated fare for television and films. The aim is an “emphasis on absurd comedy with an edgy tone that parents will also enjoy”. The first project in production is a pair of TV specials based on Mighty Mighty Monsters, the Sean Patrick O’Reilly book series. The books revolve around a group of classic movie monster kids — Frankenstein, Dracula and Wolfman — who are expelled from monster school and sent to a human immersion program at a “normal” human middle school. Two hour-long specials are planned. Bron Studios is currently in post-production on A Single Shot, starring Sam Rockwell, Jeffrey Wright, Jason Isaacs, Melissa Leo, and William H. Macy.
Kids-Targeted Bron Animation Launches With 'Mighty Mighty Monsters'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Named Convention Chair
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box…
- ‘Soul On Bikes’ About African-American Biker Gang Picked Up For Film Adaptation
- Eddie Redmayne Joins Morten Tyldum In Black Bear’s ‘The Last Days Of Night’
- Jackie Chan-Starring ‘Skiptrace’ Bows Big In China With $62M+ Debut
- Brad Turell Exiting Paradigm To Launch Media Consulting Startup