British Columbia-based film production and finance group Bron Studios is launching Bron Animation to develop and produce original kids animated fare for television and films. The aim is an “emphasis on absurd comedy with an edgy tone that parents will also enjoy”. The first project in production is a pair of TV specials based on Mighty Mighty Monsters, the Sean Patrick O’Reilly book series. The books revolve around a group of classic movie monster kids — Frankenstein, Dracula and Wolfman — who are expelled from monster school and sent to a human immersion program at a “normal” human middle school. Two hour-long specials are planned. Bron Studios is currently in post-production on A Single Shot, starring Sam Rockwell, Jeffrey Wright, Jason Isaacs, Melissa Leo, and William H. Macy.
Kids-Targeted Bron Animation Launches With 'Mighty Mighty Monsters'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks