Michael Rapaport is getting some Tough Luck. He has been set to direct the Brooklyn-based noir thriller, an adaption of Jason Starr’s 2003 novel. Starr is writing the screenplay. Rival Pictures is producing, and shooting is scheduled to start in New York next year. Known for his roles in front of the camera in TV series like Prison Break and movies like Woody Allen’s Mighty Aphrodite, Rapaport directed Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels Of A Tribe Called Quest, which was released last year. The hip-hop documentary won the PGA’s Producer of the Year Award. Rapaport is repped by Paradigm and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Michael Rapaport To Direct 'Tough Luck'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Latest Film News
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The…
- Elmo Williams Dies: Oscar-Winning ‘High Noon’ Editor Was 102
- ‘The Good Dinosaur’ Review: Pixar’s Latest Isn’t Its Greatest, But Kids Won’t Mind
- Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman Says Sumner Redstone “Engaged & Attentive” In Response To Lawsuit
- Frank Gifford’s Family Donating His Brain To Medical Research After CTE Diagnosis
- Chris Messina & Tate Donovan Topline Indie Drama ‘Blame’