Michael Rapaport is getting some Tough Luck. He has been set to direct the Brooklyn-based noir thriller, an adaption of Jason Starr’s 2003 novel. Starr is writing the screenplay. Rival Pictures is producing, and shooting is scheduled to start in New York next year. Known for his roles in front of the camera in TV series like Prison Break and movies like Woody Allen’s Mighty Aphrodite, Rapaport directed Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels Of A Tribe Called Quest, which was released last year. The hip-hop documentary won the PGA’s Producer of the Year Award. Rapaport is repped by Paradigm and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Michael Rapaport To Direct 'Tough Luck'
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest Film News
- Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: “I’m Glad It’s Going Slowly, You Don’t Deserve A Bullet… Stay Tuned”…
- Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Reinstated: China & U.S. Release Date Set After Sept Delay
- ‘Suburbicon’ Production Designer On Cobbling Together Idyllic ’50s Suburb Out Of Disparate SoCal Locations
- ‘Coco’ Earns A+ CinemaScore & Dances To $70M+; ‘Justice League’ Solid With $63M+…
- Jane Campion: It’s A “Fairy Tale” Time For Women In The Entertainment Business
- Allison Williams Says ‘Peter Pan’ Performance Scored Her ‘Get Out’ Role