Michael Rapaport is getting some Tough Luck. He has been set to direct the Brooklyn-based noir thriller, an adaption of Jason Starr’s 2003 novel. Starr is writing the screenplay. Rival Pictures is producing, and shooting is scheduled to start in New York next year. Known for his roles in front of the camera in TV series like Prison Break and movies like Woody Allen’s Mighty Aphrodite, Rapaport directed Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels Of A Tribe Called Quest, which was released last year. The hip-hop documentary won the PGA’s Producer of the Year Award. Rapaport is repped by Paradigm and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Michael Rapaport To Direct 'Tough Luck'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Team
- Super Bowl 2015 Live Blog: Watching The Other Game
- ADG Awards: ‘Birdman’, ‘Grand Budapest Hotel’, & ‘Guardians’ Take Top Film Prizes – ‘Game Of Thrones’, ‘True Detective Among…
- 42nd Annual Annie Awards – Live Stream
- Sundance Film Festival Awards – Live Stream
- HBO Nabs ‘3 1/2 Minutes’ Documentary From Participant Media — Sundance
- Fox’s Lines Up Super Bowl Ad For ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’ – Video