Michael Rapaport is getting some Tough Luck. He has been set to direct the Brooklyn-based noir thriller, an adaption of Jason Starr’s 2003 novel. Starr is writing the screenplay. Rival Pictures is producing, and shooting is scheduled to start in New York next year. Known for his roles in front of the camera in TV series like Prison Break and movies like Woody Allen’s Mighty Aphrodite, Rapaport directed Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels Of A Tribe Called Quest, which was released last year. The hip-hop documentary won the PGA’s Producer of the Year Award. Rapaport is repped by Paradigm and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Michael Rapaport To Direct 'Tough Luck'
What's Hot on Deadline
Alicia Vikander Launches Vikarious Productions; Sets First Project 'Euphoria' With Eva Green- Cannes
Sumner Redstone Trial: Mogul Rips Manuela Herzer In Testimony, Says Daughter Shari Should Be Health Care Rep
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
'Captain America: Civil War' Directors Joe & Anthony Russo On Their Strange Road To Marvel Mavens - Deadline Q&A
Latest Film News
- Sumner Redstone Trial: "Severely Impaired" Mogul Is Suffering From Dementia, Doctor Tells Court
- Ben Affleck Elevates ‘Justice League’ Presence; Becomes Exec Producer
- Vertical Entertainment Grabs Atlas Independent Drug War Thriller ‘The Hollow Point’
- Bill Draper Steps Into Physical Production Presidency At Warner Bros
- Susan Sarandon Leads Star-Packed 'Mothers And Daughters’; Rob & Nick Reiner’s Personal ‘Being Charlie’…
- Jesse Peretz Seals Deal To Direct ‘Juliet Naked,’ Based On Nick Hornby Book