EXCLUSIVE: Maya Rudolph, Rob Corddry and Amanda Peet have been added to the cast of Nat Faxon and Jim Rash’s comedic drama The Way, Way Back, which begins shooting Monday in Massachusetts. The co-writers, who won the Adapted Screenplay Oscar this year for The Descendants, are making their directorial debut on their original screenplay about a teenager (Liam James) who comes into his own during the summer through an unlikely friendship with a local water-park manager (Sam Rockwell). Toni Collette and Steve Carell co-star as the boy’s mother and her carousing boyfriend, and Faxon and Rash are playing a pair of waterpark employees. The Groundlings alums also are executive producing with Ben Nearn and George Parra, and Kevin Walsh and Tom Rice are producing. The scribes also recently sold an original action-comedy starring Kristen Wiig to Indian Paintbrush that Walsh will produce, and they are writing a second feature for Alexander Payne, Jim Burke, and Jim Taylor’s Ad Hominem Enterprises, the team behind Descendants.
Trio Of Actors Join 'The Way, Way Back'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Cecilia Vega & Tom Llamas New ‘ABC World News Tonight’ Weekend Anchors
- John Fairchild, Editor-In-Chief Of Women’s Wear Daily, Dead At 87
- ‘Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson Blames Hippies For STDs In CPAC Speech
- Dominic Pagone Upped To SVP Communications At FX Networks
- Tarak Ben Ammar, Dominique Delport Proposed To Join Vivendi’s Supervisory Board
- Dean Cain, Helen Slater Join ‘Supergirl’ Pilot