Independent production company Zach Motion Pictures filed suit today in Los Angeles Superior Court against distributor Maya Entertainment Group in a dispute over distribution of the movie The Pearl. Zach and Maya entered into a distribution agreement in January 2009, the suit says, and Maya has been distributing The Pearl but Zach charges that Maya has claimed inability to pay its debts. Zach also claims that Maya has failed to provide distribution-participation statements in a timely manner. The suit also says Zach has notified Maya in writing of breaches and terminating the distribution agreement. Zach also has demanded that Maya acknowledge termination of the agreement and to cease and desist further exploitation of The Pearl and to return all materials related to the movie that remain in Zach’s possession plus copies of any sub-distribution contracts that are currently in effect. Zach is seeking a court order for Maya to provide accurate and complete accounting and payment of any monies owed to Zach under the agreement plus attorneys fees and court costs.
Maya Entertainment Sued Over Distribution Of Indie Movie 'The Pearl'
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21M+; 'I Feel Pretty' $18M; 'Super Troopers 2' Arrests $16M - Saturday Update
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Jane the Virgin' Finale': Series Creator On That Shocking Twist, 'Dallas'-Inspired Cliffhanger, Season 5 & Show's Endgame
James Cameron Speaks Out On New AMC Sci Fi Series, Oscar Snubs, A Return To 'Terminator', And The Effect Of Fox/Disney Merger On 'Avatar' Sequels
Latest Film News
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2018 – Part 1: Ethan Hawke, Common, Antonio Banderas, Noomi Rapace, & More
- Robert De Niro And Bradley Cooper Swap Stories, With An Unplanned Assist From David O. Russell – Tribeca
- Sylvester Stallone Asks Trump To Pardon Boxer Jack Johnson – President Considers It
- James Cameron Speaks Out On New AMC Sci Fi Series, Oscar Snubs, A Return To ‘Terminator’, And The Effect Of Fox/Disney Merger On…
- ‘Maine’ Clip: Tribeca Drama Explores Self Discovery, Love In Nature
- ‘Braid’ Clip: A Demented Game Is Afoot In Mitzi Peirone’s Tribeca Thriller