Independent production company Zach Motion Pictures filed suit today in Los Angeles Superior Court against distributor Maya Entertainment Group in a dispute over distribution of the movie The Pearl. Zach and Maya entered into a distribution agreement in January 2009, the suit says, and Maya has been distributing The Pearl but Zach charges that Maya has claimed inability to pay its debts. Zach also claims that Maya has failed to provide distribution-participation statements in a timely manner. The suit also says Zach has notified Maya in writing of breaches and terminating the distribution agreement. Zach also has demanded that Maya acknowledge termination of the agreement and to cease and desist further exploitation of The Pearl and to return all materials related to the movie that remain in Zach’s possession plus copies of any sub-distribution contracts that are currently in effect. Zach is seeking a court order for Maya to provide accurate and complete accounting and payment of any monies owed to Zach under the agreement plus attorneys fees and court costs.
Maya Entertainment Sued Over Distribution Of Indie Movie 'The Pearl'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Universal’s ‘Half To Death’ & ‘The Snowman’ Swap Slots; ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Moves Off 2017 Schedule…
- Netflix Picks Up Alfre Woodard-Starring Drama ‘Juanita’
- Will Smith In Talks To Join Ang Lee For ‘Gemini Man’
- Madonna Criticizes Unauthorized Biopic ‘Blonde Ambition’
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’: $100M Offshore Bow In The Mix? – International Box Office Preview
- Harvey Weinstein On ‘3 Generations’ Ratings Dilemma: Cut, Or Risk Losing Access To Teen Audience