Independent production company Zach Motion Pictures filed suit today in Los Angeles Superior Court against distributor Maya Entertainment Group in a dispute over distribution of the movie The Pearl. Zach and Maya entered into a distribution agreement in January 2009, the suit says, and Maya has been distributing The Pearl but Zach charges that Maya has claimed inability to pay its debts. Zach also claims that Maya has failed to provide distribution-participation statements in a timely manner. The suit also says Zach has notified Maya in writing of breaches and terminating the distribution agreement. Zach also has demanded that Maya acknowledge termination of the agreement and to cease and desist further exploitation of The Pearl and to return all materials related to the movie that remain in Zach’s possession plus copies of any sub-distribution contracts that are currently in effect. Zach is seeking a court order for Maya to provide accurate and complete accounting and payment of any monies owed to Zach under the agreement plus attorneys fees and court costs.
Maya Entertainment Sued Over Distribution Of Indie Movie 'The Pearl'
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: 'Beauty And The Beast' Embraces $89M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest Film News
- Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Embraces $89M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update
- Richard A. Roth Dies: ‘Summer Of ’42’ Producer Was 76
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Posters: Tom Holland Slings Through New York
- ‘Queen of the Desert’ Trailer: Nicole Kidman Defies An Empire