Independent production company Zach Motion Pictures filed suit today in Los Angeles Superior Court against distributor Maya Entertainment Group in a dispute over distribution of the movie The Pearl. Zach and Maya entered into a distribution agreement in January 2009, the suit says, and Maya has been distributing The Pearl but Zach charges that Maya has claimed inability to pay its debts. Zach also claims that Maya has failed to provide distribution-participation statements in a timely manner. The suit also says Zach has notified Maya in writing of breaches and terminating the distribution agreement. Zach also has demanded that Maya acknowledge termination of the agreement and to cease and desist further exploitation of The Pearl and to return all materials related to the movie that remain in Zach’s possession plus copies of any sub-distribution contracts that are currently in effect. Zach is seeking a court order for Maya to provide accurate and complete accounting and payment of any monies owed to Zach under the agreement plus attorneys fees and court costs.
Maya Entertainment Sued Over Distribution Of Indie Movie 'The Pearl'
What's Hot on Deadline
How 'Pirates' & 'Baywatch' Are Casualties Of Summer Franchise Fatigue At The Domestic B.O. — Monday AM
Cannes: 'The Square' Takes Palme D'Or; Sofia Coppola Best Director; Acting Honors For Joaquin Phoenix & Diane Kruger
With 'Empire' And 'Star,' Lee Daniels Continues To Tell The Untold Stories Of The Marginalized — Deadline Disruptors
Latest Film News
- Frank Deford Dies: Legendary Sportswriter & Author Of ‘Everybody’s All-American’ Was 78
- How ‘Pirates’ & ‘Baywatch’ Are Casualties Of Summer Franchise Fatigue At The Domestic B.O.…
- ‘Jeannette’s Bruno Dumont Doesn’t Care Where He Watches A Film – Cannes Studio
- Netflix Sets First Turkish Series; Ex-Studiocanal Chief Joins French Gov’t – Global Briefs
- ‘Rambo’ Remake’s Tiger Shroff & Siddharth Anand On Building An Indian Action Hero – Cannes Studio
- Surprises Are Few, But Most Winners Were Highly Deserving And A Nice Way To Bid Adieu To The 70th Cannes Film Festival