EXCLUSIVE: Max Winkler and Matt Spicer are on board for The Coward. The duo will co-write the adaptation of Nick Jones’ comic play about 18th century English aristocrats. Winkler will direct and Spicer will executive produce the Big Beach Films project. American Work’s Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nanden, along with Big Beach’s Mark Turtletaub and Peter Saraf, will produce. The duo, along with Jason Reitman, worked together on 2010’s Ceremony, starring Uma Thurman. Winkler has also been attached to direct a crime comedy with Steve Carell for Warner Bros. Both Winkler and Spicer are repped by CAA and Principato Young.
Max Winkler & Matt Spicer Adapting 'The Coward'
Trending Now on Deadline
Global Showbiz Briefs: 'Top Gear' Hosts Attacked In Argentina Over License Plate; Samantha Glynne Named VP Branded Entertainment At FremantleMedia; More
More From Patten
- California Film Commission Appointments: IATSE VP & PMK*BNC Boss Added
- World Series Ratings: Game 1 Strikes Out With New Low
- Warner Bros Says “No Merit” To 'Conjuring' Producer's “Money Laundering” Charge Against New Line
- 'Alpha House' Review: Dominic Patten Welcomes Back Amazon's D.C. Boys
- World Series Ratings Fall From 2013, 'Flash' & 'Marry Me' Down, 'Selfie' & 'NCIS: NOLA' Steady
- Fox Hit With $250M 'Simpsons' Lawsuit By 'Goodfellas' Actor