EXCLUSIVE: Max Winkler and Matt Spicer are on board for The Coward. The duo will co-write the adaptation of Nick Jones’ comic play about 18th century English aristocrats. Winkler will direct and Spicer will executive produce the Big Beach Films project. American Work’s Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nanden, along with Big Beach’s Mark Turtletaub and Peter Saraf, will produce. The duo, along with Jason Reitman, worked together on 2010’s Ceremony, starring Uma Thurman. Winkler has also been attached to direct a crime comedy with Steve Carell for Warner Bros. Both Winkler and Spicer are repped by CAA and Principato Young.
Max Winkler & Matt Spicer Adapting 'The Coward'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Latest Film News
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking