EXCLUSIVE: Max Winkler and Matt Spicer are on board for The Coward. The duo will co-write the adaptation of Nick Jones’ comic play about 18th century English aristocrats. Winkler will direct and Spicer will executive produce the Big Beach Films project. American Work’s Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nanden, along with Big Beach’s Mark Turtletaub and Peter Saraf, will produce. The duo, along with Jason Reitman, worked together on 2010’s Ceremony, starring Uma Thurman. Winkler has also been attached to direct a crime comedy with Steve Carell for Warner Bros. Both Winkler and Spicer are repped by CAA and Principato Young.
Max Winkler & Matt Spicer Adapting 'The Coward'
What's Hot on Deadline
NBC Orders 'The Handmade Project' Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman
Fox 2000, Macmillan Land African Flavored Fantasy Novel 'Children Of Blood And Bone' In Splashy Deal
Latest Film News
- SAG P&H Plans’ “Unreasonable” Fees And Expenses Appear To Have Violated Federal Law, DOJ Probe Finds
- Focus Features Unveils 2017 Slate: ‘The Beguiled,’ ‘Victoria and Abdul,’ ‘The Book Of Henry…
- Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In ‘Darkest Hour’ — CinemaCon
- Wesley Snipes Sci-Fi Thriller ‘The Recall’ Set For Panoramic Format Release
- No. 5 ‘Zootopia’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Sofia Coppola Hopes Audiences See Her Film ‘The Beguiled’ “In A Theater Where It Was Meant To Be Seen”…