EXCLUSIVE: Max Winkler and Matt Spicer are on board for The Coward. The duo will co-write the adaptation of Nick Jones’ comic play about 18th century English aristocrats. Winkler will direct and Spicer will executive produce the Big Beach Films project. American Work’s Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nanden, along with Big Beach’s Mark Turtletaub and Peter Saraf, will produce. The duo, along with Jason Reitman, worked together on 2010’s Ceremony, starring Uma Thurman. Winkler has also been attached to direct a crime comedy with Steve Carell for Warner Bros. Both Winkler and Spicer are repped by CAA and Principato Young.
Max Winkler & Matt Spicer Adapting 'The Coward'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Larry Wilmore Savages Media, Ignites Controversy During White House Correspondents' Dinner Skewering
Latest Film News
- Anthony Mackie To Play Johnnie Cochran In Signal Hill Police Brutality Case Film
- Mongrel To Handle ‘The Fixer’; Seville Picks Up ‘Hana’s Suitcase’ – Cannes
- Wayne Crawford Dies; Actor, Writer & Producer Co-Scripted ‘Valley Girl’
- ‘Jungle Book’ King Again, Reigns On Newcomer Parade: ‘Keanu’, ‘Mother’s Day’ & ‘Ratchet & Clank’…
- Lionsgate Partners With Execs At Film Initiative Targeting Global Local Markets
- Harriet Tubman Feature Film In Works From Macro And New Balloon