EXCLUSIVE: Max Winkler and Matt Spicer are on board for The Coward. The duo will co-write the adaptation of Nick Jones’ comic play about 18th century English aristocrats. Winkler will direct and Spicer will executive produce the Big Beach Films project. American Work’s Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nanden, along with Big Beach’s Mark Turtletaub and Peter Saraf, will produce. The duo, along with Jason Reitman, worked together on 2010’s Ceremony, starring Uma Thurman. Winkler has also been attached to direct a crime comedy with Steve Carell for Warner Bros. Both Winkler and Spicer are repped by CAA and Principato Young.
Max Winkler & Matt Spicer Adapting 'The Coward'
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
More From Patten
- NFL Thanksgiving Day Game Ratings Steady On NBC, 'Elementary' Rises, 'NFL on CBS' Scores
- 'Wendy Williams Show' Intern Lawsuit Should Be Tossed, Says Lionsgate
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
- 'State Of Affairs' Ratings Fall On Night Of Ferguson Decision, 'Dancing With The Stars' & 'Scorpion' Steady, 'Sleepy Hollow' Down…
- Fox News Tops Ferguson Decision Viewership; CNN Wins Demo
- Ferguson Cop Darren Wilson Gives ABC News First Interview Post Decision