EXCLUSIVE: Max Winkler and Matt Spicer are on board for The Coward. The duo will co-write the adaptation of Nick Jones’ comic play about 18th century English aristocrats. Winkler will direct and Spicer will executive produce the Big Beach Films project. American Work’s Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nanden, along with Big Beach’s Mark Turtletaub and Peter Saraf, will produce. The duo, along with Jason Reitman, worked together on 2010’s Ceremony, starring Uma Thurman. Winkler has also been attached to direct a crime comedy with Steve Carell for Warner Bros. Both Winkler and Spicer are repped by CAA and Principato Young.
Max Winkler & Matt Spicer Adapting 'The Coward'
What's Hot on Deadline
James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
David Cross Latest 'Arrested Development' Star To Apologize To Jessica Walter; Show's UK Press Tour Canceled
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Latest Film News
- Emmys: ‘Tickling Giants’ Director Sara Taksler On Her Doc About The “Jon Stewart Of Egypt” & Lessons For…
- Pascal Pictures Picks Up Sci-Fi Thriller Pitch ‘Genus’ From Screenwriter Kat Wood
- ‘Christopher Robin’ Trailer: Pooh, Tigger & The Milne Menagerie Get Their Close-Ups
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Starts Offshore With $11.4M; China Grounds Flying Ace
- ‘Violent Delights’ Rounds Out Cast With Wolf Fleetwood-Ross & More
- ‘Kim Possible’ Live Action Disney Channel Movie Adds Alyson Hannigan And More