EXCLUSIVE: Max Winkler and Matt Spicer are on board for The Coward. The duo will co-write the adaptation of Nick Jones’ comic play about 18th century English aristocrats. Winkler will direct and Spicer will executive produce the Big Beach Films project. American Work’s Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nanden, along with Big Beach’s Mark Turtletaub and Peter Saraf, will produce. The duo, along with Jason Reitman, worked together on 2010’s Ceremony, starring Uma Thurman. Winkler has also been attached to direct a crime comedy with Steve Carell for Warner Bros. Both Winkler and Spicer are repped by CAA and Principato Young.
Max Winkler & Matt Spicer Adapting 'The Coward'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Damon & George Clooney Tell 'GMA' They Knew Harvey Weinstein Was An "A**hole" But Not A Sexual Predator
Latest Film News
- Bill O’Reilly Blasts Megyn Kelly, NYT For Trying To Link Him “With Harvey Weinstein”
- Drew Goddard To Write & Produce Fox’s ‘Nevermoor’ Movie
- ‘Dora The Explorer’ Live-Action Pic In The Works At Paramount Players With Nick Stoller, Platinum Dunes
- Brian Dennehy, J.K. Simmons & More Board Larry Clarke’s ‘Life Support’ – AFM
- Dan Gilroy’s ‘Roman J Israel,’ Netflix’s ‘Mudbound’ Heads To Austin As Centerpiece…
- ‘Stranger Things’ Noah Schnapp To Star In ‘Abe’ From Director Fernando Grostein Andrade