EXCLUSIVE: Max Winkler and Matt Spicer are on board for The Coward. The duo will co-write the adaptation of Nick Jones’ comic play about 18th century English aristocrats. Winkler will direct and Spicer will executive produce the Big Beach Films project. American Work’s Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nanden, along with Big Beach’s Mark Turtletaub and Peter Saraf, will produce. The duo, along with Jason Reitman, worked together on 2010’s Ceremony, starring Uma Thurman. Winkler has also been attached to direct a crime comedy with Steve Carell for Warner Bros. Both Winkler and Spicer are repped by CAA and Principato Young.
Max Winkler & Matt Spicer Adapting 'The Coward'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Netflix Lands ‘Outlaw King’; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
- Taissa Farmiga Set For New Line’s ‘The Nun’; Spinoff of Sister Vera’s ‘The Conjuring’
- An Oscar Winner & A 72-Year-Old Neurologist-Turned-Filmmaker Combine For Festival’s Most Unique Movie…
- Deadline Studio At Tribeca 2017 – Day 4 – Chris Messina, Zosia Mamet, Ed Helms, Debra Winger & More
- ‘One Percent More Humid’: Juno Temple & Julia Garner’s Grief-Stricken Teens Find Summer Solace In New England…
- EOne, Aquarius Board Aussie Series ‘The Other Guy’; Studiocanal Picks Up ‘American Gods’; Viceland Producing Comedy ‘Brexit Stage…