Matt Warburton (The Simpsons, Community) has joined Mindy Kaling’s new Fox comedy series The Mindy Project as executive producer/showrunner. Also coming on board the medical office comedy created/executive produced by and starring Kaling are Michael Spiller (Modern Family) as executive producer/director, Chris McKenna (American Dad, Community) as a co-executive producer and Malcolm In The Middle creator Linwood Boomer as a consulting producer. Warburton is with WME. Spiller’s deal includes a development component and pilot directing commitment. Last year, Spiller received an Emmy and DGA Award for his directing on ABC’s Modern Family. He is with ICM and 3 Arts. For McKenna, repped by UTA, the gig falls under his overall deal with Universal TV, which produces Mindy.
Matt Warburton Set As Showrunner On 'The Mindy Project', Show Lines Up Senior Staff
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38M+ Second Weekend - Sat. PM Update
'The Fate Of The Furious' Expected To Cross $750M Internationally For Uni Record, $1B Worldwide Next Week
'Gilbert' Subject Gilbert Gottfried On Seeing His Personal Life Portrayed On Screen: "This Could Be What Hell Is"
Latest TV News
- Erin Moran Dies: ‘Happy Days’ Actress Was 56
- New Caitlyn Jenner Interview Brings ’20/20′ Ratings Down, ‘Dateline’ Rises
- Donald Trump Plans Rally For Night Of White House Correspondents’ Dinner
- ‘Rise’, ‘For God And Country’ Get Closer To NBC Series Pickups With Staffing Offers
- ‘Feud’: Charles And Diana Season 2 “Begins With Divorce Papers,” Says EP Ryan Murphy
- Bill Maher Tells Donald Trump To Forget Mars, “Make Earth Great Again”