Matt Warburton (The Simpsons, Community) has joined Mindy Kaling’s new Fox comedy series The Mindy Project as executive producer/showrunner. Also coming on board the medical office comedy created/executive produced by and starring Kaling are Michael Spiller (Modern Family) as executive producer/director, Chris McKenna (American Dad, Community) as a co-executive producer and Malcolm In The Middle creator Linwood Boomer as a consulting producer. Warburton is with WME. Spiller’s deal includes a development component and pilot directing commitment. Last year, Spiller received an Emmy and DGA Award for his directing on ABC’s Modern Family. He is with ICM and 3 Arts. For McKenna, repped by UTA, the gig falls under his overall deal with Universal TV, which produces Mindy.
Matt Warburton Set As Showrunner On 'The Mindy Project', Show Lines Up Senior Staff
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- CNN’s Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As “Fantasyland”, Glenn Beck Calls Tapper’s Town Hall “Grotesque”…
- Regan Arts Sells Story Of California’s Leading Abortionist For TV Development
- Olympics Ratings Slide To Icy 2018 Low, Slightly Up From Sochi 2014 On Last Night
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago
- Omarosa Talks About Writing A Tell-All on ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, Says She Has To “Tell Her Truth”