Matt Warburton (The Simpsons, Community) has joined Mindy Kaling’s new Fox comedy series The Mindy Project as executive producer/showrunner. Also coming on board the medical office comedy created/executive produced by and starring Kaling are Michael Spiller (Modern Family) as executive producer/director, Chris McKenna (American Dad, Community) as a co-executive producer and Malcolm In The Middle creator Linwood Boomer as a consulting producer. Warburton is with WME. Spiller’s deal includes a development component and pilot directing commitment. Last year, Spiller received an Emmy and DGA Award for his directing on ABC’s Modern Family. He is with ICM and 3 Arts. For McKenna, repped by UTA, the gig falls under his overall deal with Universal TV, which produces Mindy.
Matt Warburton Set As Showrunner On 'The Mindy Project', Show Lines Up Senior Staff
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations