Just two days after The Avengers became the third most successful movie of all time, production has started on Iron Man 3 in North Carolina. Marvel and Disney released this first photo from the film today and it looks like Tony Stark is busy in the lab again. With Shane Black taking the director’s seat from Jon Favreau, the sequel will be filming in Wilmington, North Carolina, as well as in Florida and China. The gang’s all back with Robert Downey Jr. once again playing billionaire Stark as well as the Amored Avenger himself. Gwyneth Paltrow returns as Pepper Potts, Don Cheadle as James “Rhodey” Rhodes and Favreau himself, who is also one of the executive producers on the flim, as Stark’s driver Happy Hogan. Iron Man 3 is set to come out on May 3, 2013.
Marvel Releases First 'Iron Man 3' Photo
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video