Magnolia Pictures has purchased the U.S. rights to Evocateur: The Morton Downey Jr. Movie. Seth Kramer, Daniel A. Miller and Jeremy Newberger of Ironbound Films directed the documentary about the chaining smoking fast talking talk show host. Downey passed away in 2001. Evocateur premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival earlier this year. The Wagner/Cuban Company distribution division will release the film theatrically in early 2013. Magnolia SVP of Acquisitions Dori Begley put the deal together with Josh Braun of Submarine.
Magnolia Picks Up Morton Downey Jr. Documentary Rights
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Cinderella’ Counts $337.3M At Global Ball; ‘Insurgent’ Secures $178.2M Worldwide – Int’l…
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Paramount Whistleblower: Emails Reveal Studio Officials Tried To "Freak Her Out"
- ‘Woman In Gold’ Review: Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds A Great Pair In Remarkable Story
- Sony Taps Nielsen NRG Exec For Film Research Role
- Colin Trevorrow’s Next Page? Helming ‘Book Of Henry’ For SKE