Magnolia Pictures has purchased the U.S. rights to Evocateur: The Morton Downey Jr. Movie. Seth Kramer, Daniel A. Miller and Jeremy Newberger of Ironbound Films directed the documentary about the chaining smoking fast talking talk show host. Downey passed away in 2001. Evocateur premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival earlier this year. The Wagner/Cuban Company distribution division will release the film theatrically in early 2013. Magnolia SVP of Acquisitions Dori Begley put the deal together with Josh Braun of Submarine.
Magnolia Picks Up Morton Downey Jr. Documentary Rights
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video
- Graham Norton, 'Modern Family' Lead British Comedy Awards; Sony TV Ad Sales Inks With Jewish Life TV