Magnolia Pictures has purchased the U.S. rights to Evocateur: The Morton Downey Jr. Movie. Seth Kramer, Daniel A. Miller and Jeremy Newberger of Ironbound Films directed the documentary about the chaining smoking fast talking talk show host. Downey passed away in 2001. Evocateur premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival earlier this year. The Wagner/Cuban Company distribution division will release the film theatrically in early 2013. Magnolia SVP of Acquisitions Dori Begley put the deal together with Josh Braun of Submarine.
Magnolia Picks Up Morton Downey Jr. Documentary Rights
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'