Magnolia Pictures has purchased the U.S. rights to Evocateur: The Morton Downey Jr. Movie. Seth Kramer, Daniel A. Miller and Jeremy Newberger of Ironbound Films directed the documentary about the chaining smoking fast talking talk show host. Downey passed away in 2001. Evocateur premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival earlier this year. The Wagner/Cuban Company distribution division will release the film theatrically in early 2013. Magnolia SVP of Acquisitions Dori Begley put the deal together with Josh Braun of Submarine.
Magnolia Picks Up Morton Downey Jr. Documentary Rights
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Benjamin Walker Joins 'The Choice', Nicholas Sparks Adaptation From Lionsgate
- Alec Baldwin & Kevin Spacey To Star In 'Boss Baby' For DreamWorks Animation; Three Join 'A Monster Calls'
- Tracy Morgan Blasts Walmart After Retailer Blames Him For Not Wearing Seatbelt When Driver Rear-Ended His Limo
- 'Tonight Show' Heading To Phoenix For Post-Super Bowl Broadcast
- Red Granite Hires Mika Pryce As Creative Executive