Magnolia Pictures has purchased the U.S. rights to Evocateur: The Morton Downey Jr. Movie. Seth Kramer, Daniel A. Miller and Jeremy Newberger of Ironbound Films directed the documentary about the chaining smoking fast talking talk show host. Downey passed away in 2001. Evocateur premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival earlier this year. The Wagner/Cuban Company distribution division will release the film theatrically in early 2013. Magnolia SVP of Acquisitions Dori Begley put the deal together with Josh Braun of Submarine.
Magnolia Picks Up Morton Downey Jr. Documentary Rights
What's Hot on Deadline
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest Film News
- Marc Platt To Bring Sega’s ‘Shinobi’ To Big Screen
- Oscar-Winning Cinematographer Robert Richardson Inks With WME
- Entertainment One Lands ‘Exposure’ Spec On Rosalind Franklin, Unsung Scientist Who Helped Discover DNA
- Regal Hires Universal’s Steve Bunnell As Chief Content & Programming Officer
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Shoots To $38.7M In 2 Days At Offshore Box Office
- Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller ‘Felt…