Luis Guzman has been cast as the lead in Aztec Warrior. Scott Sanders will direct the action comedy from Pantelion Films. Guzman, who starred in Boogie Nights and DreamWorks upcoming Turbo, will begin filming next month in New Orleans. He plays the Warrior in the Lucha Libre-inspired pic who goes up against his rival El Diablo, to be played by Mexican comedian Eugenio Derbez. Terry Crews, Nadine Velazquez and Desperate Housewives’ Lupe Ontiveros co-star. Sanders, who directed 2010’s blaxploitation homage Black Dynamite, co-wrote the script with Don Handfield; its based on a story by Handfield and Javier Chapa. Lionsgate and Grupo Televisa are co-financing. Chapa and Handfield are producing with Pantelion’s Benjamin Odell. Pantelion’s James McNamara and Paul Presburger and Grupo Televisa’s Fernando Perez Gavilan are executive producing with Sergio Aguero, Todd Williams and Guzman. Sanders is repped by WME and 3Arts Entertainment. Guzman is repped by Gersh.
Luis Guzman Suits Up for Scott Sanders' 'Aztec Warrior'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Orphan Black' Season 5 Episode 1 Unveiled At PaleyFest: Cast & EPs On Clone Club's Fate, Evil Rachel & The Mysterious Man
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
Latest Film News
- 'Casting JonBenet' Trailer: Director Kitty Green Revisits Murder Case Using Local Talent
- ‘Justice League’ Teaser Trailers Spotlight Batman, Aquaman & The Flash – Update
- Sony Update: New Candidate Emerges In Former Fox Exec Tony Vinciquerra
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- Amy Pascal Wins Auction For Laura Dave Novel ‘Hello, Sunshine’; Author Scripting With ‘Spotlight’s…
- Emily Hampshire To Star In Indie ‘Never Saw It Coming’