Luis Guzman has been cast as the lead in Aztec Warrior. Scott Sanders will direct the action comedy from Pantelion Films. Guzman, who starred in Boogie Nights and DreamWorks upcoming Turbo, will begin filming next month in New Orleans. He plays the Warrior in the Lucha Libre-inspired pic who goes up against his rival El Diablo, to be played by Mexican comedian Eugenio Derbez. Terry Crews, Nadine Velazquez and Desperate Housewives’ Lupe Ontiveros co-star. Sanders, who directed 2010’s blaxploitation homage Black Dynamite, co-wrote the script with Don Handfield; its based on a story by Handfield and Javier Chapa. Lionsgate and Grupo Televisa are co-financing. Chapa and Handfield are producing with Pantelion’s Benjamin Odell. Pantelion’s James McNamara and Paul Presburger and Grupo Televisa’s Fernando Perez Gavilan are executive producing with Sergio Aguero, Todd Williams and Guzman. Sanders is repped by WME and 3Arts Entertainment. Guzman is repped by Gersh.
Luis Guzman Suits Up for Scott Sanders' 'Aztec Warrior'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Hillary Clinton Makes Surprise Appearance During Kathryn Bigelow's VR Tribeca Panel
- Alejandro González Iñárritu: Music Is "Highest Expression" – Tribeca
- ‘Gilbert’ Subject Gilbert Gottfried On Seeing His Personal Life Portrayed On Screen: “This Could Be What Hell Is”…
- ‘Hounds Of Love’ Stars On A “Bloody Hard” Shoot And Horrifying “Theater Of The Mind”…
- Universal Moves ‘American Made’, Away From Fox’s ‘Kingsman’
- ‘No Man’s Land’ Director David Byars & Producer Morgan Spurlock On Opening A Necessary Dialogue…