Luis Guzman has been cast as the lead in Aztec Warrior. Scott Sanders will direct the action comedy from Pantelion Films. Guzman, who starred in Boogie Nights and DreamWorks upcoming Turbo, will begin filming next month in New Orleans. He plays the Warrior in the Lucha Libre-inspired pic who goes up against his rival El Diablo, to be played by Mexican comedian Eugenio Derbez. Terry Crews, Nadine Velazquez and Desperate Housewives’ Lupe Ontiveros co-star. Sanders, who directed 2010’s blaxploitation homage Black Dynamite, co-wrote the script with Don Handfield; its based on a story by Handfield and Javier Chapa. Lionsgate and Grupo Televisa are co-financing. Chapa and Handfield are producing with Pantelion’s Benjamin Odell. Pantelion’s James McNamara and Paul Presburger and Grupo Televisa’s Fernando Perez Gavilan are executive producing with Sergio Aguero, Todd Williams and Guzman. Sanders is repped by WME and 3Arts Entertainment. Guzman is repped by Gersh.
Luis Guzman Suits Up for Scott Sanders' 'Aztec Warrior'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend; Auds Give $11M & Thumb Down 'Caesar' - Saturday AM Update
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Latest Film News
- ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend; Auds Give $11M & Thumb Down ‘Caesar’ – Saturday…
- Diversity Debate Underscores 2016 NAACP Image Awards As Oscar Snubs Win Big
- The 2016 NAACP Image Awards Winners: ‘Creed’, ‘Black-Ish’ Clean Up While ‘Compton’ Wins…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Campaigns Turn Serious In The Race That Is TOO CLOSE TO CALL
- Ed Helms, Amanda Seyfried Lead Cast Of Comedy ‘The Clapper’
- Thai Prison Fighting Drama ‘Champion’ Coming From Storyscape & Pioneer