Looper stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Bruce Willis in the sci-fi pic about a contract killer (Gordon-Levitt) who works for the mob of the future, killing victims 30 years in the past so there’s no trace of the crime. Then comes a target (Willis) that happens to be his future self. Rian Johnson wrote and directed. CAA sold rights to the film in 2011 at Cannes to FilmDistrict; Sony is releasing it through its TriStar label September 28. The interesting part is it replicates the distribution structure of District 9, which FilmDistrict boss Peter Schlessel acquired while he was at Sony and which became a hit. Looper has a similarly brainy construct and is also reminiscent of the first Terminator.
Hot Trailer: Joseph Gordon-Levitt's 'Looper'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- OddLot Bags Spec ‘Septillion To One’
- ‘Power Of The Dog’ Author Don Winslow Firms Sequel Book And Movie Plans
- Matt Lanter Boards ‘USS Indianapolis’ With Nicholas Cage; Two More Jump In ‘The Lake’
- Bill Block Slams “Ridiculous” QED Infringement Lawsuit
- ‘The Gift’ Trailer: Joel Edgerton’s Directing Debut Might Make You Rethink Nostalgia
- Ben Platt Joins Cast Of Ang Lee’s ‘Billy Flynn’s Long Halftime Walk’