Looper stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Bruce Willis in the sci-fi pic about a contract killer (Gordon-Levitt) who works for the mob of the future, killing victims 30 years in the past so there’s no trace of the crime. Then comes a target (Willis) that happens to be his future self. Rian Johnson wrote and directed. CAA sold rights to the film in 2011 at Cannes to FilmDistrict; Sony is releasing it through its TriStar label September 28. The interesting part is it replicates the distribution structure of District 9, which FilmDistrict boss Peter Schlessel acquired while he was at Sony and which became a hit. Looper has a similarly brainy construct and is also reminiscent of the first Terminator.
Hot Trailer: Joseph Gordon-Levitt's 'Looper'
What's Hot on Deadline
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
Latest Film News
- Fox Taps Superhero Tale ‘Irredeemable’; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
- Emmy Winner Bradley Whitford Inks With ICM Partners
- Russell Crowe To Star, James Franco To Direct Cormac McCarthy’s ‘Blood Meridian’- Cannes
- Broad Green Seals Matt Alvarez As President Of Production
- Teyonah Parris In Talks To Star In ‘Buffalo Soldier Girl’ For Filmmaker Christine Swanson
- Idris Elba's Green Door Pictures Hires Ana Garanito As Head of Development