It was a strong night for cable dramas last night. After the second-season finale of HBO’s Game Of Thrones posted a series high 4.2 million viewers at 9 PM, the series premiere of A&E’s Longmire at 10 PM drew 4.1 million total viewers to become the network’s most-watched scripted series debut of all time and the highest-rated new cable scripted drama of 2012 among total viewers and adults 25-54 (1.4 million viewers). Longmire skewed older, averaging 986,000 viewers among adults 18-49, below A&E’s highest-rated premiere in the demo, Breakout Kings (1.5 million) and this year’s top new cable drama in 18-49, Lifetime’s The Client List. At 9 PM, the Season 3 premiere of A&E’s drama The Glades garnered 3.1 million total viewers, up 19% from last season; 1.4 million adults 25-54 (up 27%); and 1.1 million adults 18-49 (up 17%).
'Longmire' Most-Watched A&E Scripted Series Debut Ever With 4.1M Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
Latest TV News
- Mark Gordon Teaming With ProSieben On ‘Darkness Falls’ Procedural – Mipcom
- ABC Buys Legal Drama ‘Conviction’ From Mark Gordon Company As Put Pilot
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?