It was a strong night for cable dramas last night. After the second-season finale of HBO’s Game Of Thrones posted a series high 4.2 million viewers at 9 PM, the series premiere of A&E’s Longmire at 10 PM drew 4.1 million total viewers to become the network’s most-watched scripted series debut of all time and the highest-rated new cable scripted drama of 2012 among total viewers and adults 25-54 (1.4 million viewers). Longmire skewed older, averaging 986,000 viewers among adults 18-49, below A&E’s highest-rated premiere in the demo, Breakout Kings (1.5 million) and this year’s top new cable drama in 18-49, Lifetime’s The Client List. At 9 PM, the Season 3 premiere of A&E’s drama The Glades garnered 3.1 million total viewers, up 19% from last season; 1.4 million adults 25-54 (up 27%); and 1.1 million adults 18-49 (up 17%).
'Longmire' Most-Watched A&E Scripted Series Debut Ever With 4.1M Viewers
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller