It was a strong night for cable dramas last night. After the second-season finale of HBO’s Game Of Thrones posted a series high 4.2 million viewers at 9 PM, the series premiere of A&E’s Longmire at 10 PM drew 4.1 million total viewers to become the network’s most-watched scripted series debut of all time and the highest-rated new cable scripted drama of 2012 among total viewers and adults 25-54 (1.4 million viewers). Longmire skewed older, averaging 986,000 viewers among adults 18-49, below A&E’s highest-rated premiere in the demo, Breakout Kings (1.5 million) and this year’s top new cable drama in 18-49, Lifetime’s The Client List. At 9 PM, the Season 3 premiere of A&E’s drama The Glades garnered 3.1 million total viewers, up 19% from last season; 1.4 million adults 25-54 (up 27%); and 1.1 million adults 18-49 (up 17%).
'Longmire' Most-Watched A&E Scripted Series Debut Ever With 4.1M Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- GSN CEO David Goldhill Steps Down
- ‘Condor’ Adds Kate Vernon; Lyndie Greenwood Joins ‘Flint’
- Tony Vinciquerra & Sony: No Offer To Anyone Yet On CEO Post
- Anika Noni Rose Options ‘Shadowshaper’ YA Fantasy Series For Film & TV
- ‘Power’ Gets Season 4 Premiere Date On Starz
- Los Angeles Chargers Line Up Broadcast Partners