Do you believe that Liberty CEO Greg Maffei doesn’t know whether he’ll keep Sirius XM or spin it off if his takeover attempt works? Me neither. But that’s his story and he sticks to it in his interview this morning with CNBC’s David Faber. Maffei adds that he wants to keep Mel Karmazin as the satellite radio company’s CEO. On other matters, Maffei takes a swipe at the New York Post, praises Barnes & Noble, notes that consumers are “very nervous,” and says Liberty plans to keep the Atlanta Braves.
Liberty Media CEO Says He's “Not Sure” About Sirius XM Plans: Video
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Amazon Shares Fall After Q3 Losses Exceed Expectations
- Is Wall Street Starting To Doubt That Comcast-Time Warner Cable Deal Will Close?
- Streaming Cash: Redbox Reports Losses From Its Joint Venture With Verizon
- Cable Programmers, Citing Privacy Concerns, Hold Up FCC's Review Of Comcast And DirecTV Deals
- Layer3 TV Taps Lindsay Gardner To Lead Programming And Content Acquisition