Do you believe that Liberty CEO Greg Maffei doesn’t know whether he’ll keep Sirius XM or spin it off if his takeover attempt works? Me neither. But that’s his story and he sticks to it in his interview this morning with CNBC’s David Faber. Maffei adds that he wants to keep Mel Karmazin as the satellite radio company’s CEO. On other matters, Maffei takes a swipe at the New York Post, praises Barnes & Noble, notes that consumers are “very nervous,” and says Liberty plans to keep the Atlanta Braves.
Liberty Media CEO Says He's “Not Sure” About Sirius XM Plans: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
'Being Evel' Producer Johnny Knoxville At Sundance: Daredevil Tales And The Price Of Pushing The Envelope
More From Lieberman
- Yahoo’s $40B Gift To Shareholders: It Will Spin Off Alibaba Holdings
- WWE Network Pins 1M Subs, Taking Company Shares Off The Ropes
- IMAX Stock Buoyed By ‘Mission: Impossible’ Switch And Box Office Sales
- NYC Passes Tokyo As Top Entertainment & Media Spender – Report
- Can CEOs Convince Wall Street That TV’s Lost Ad Dollars Will Come Back?
- Former Fox Station Employee Commits Suicide Outside Corporate Headquarters