Do you believe that Liberty CEO Greg Maffei doesn’t know whether he’ll keep Sirius XM or spin it off if his takeover attempt works? Me neither. But that’s his story and he sticks to it in his interview this morning with CNBC’s David Faber. Maffei adds that he wants to keep Mel Karmazin as the satellite radio company’s CEO. On other matters, Maffei takes a swipe at the New York Post, praises Barnes & Noble, notes that consumers are “very nervous,” and says Liberty plans to keep the Atlanta Braves.
Liberty Media CEO Says He's “Not Sure” About Sirius XM Plans: Video
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Will Redbox's 25% Price Hike For DVD Rentals Hurt Its Bargain Image?
- Exhibitors Agree To “Landmark” ADA Compromise On Closed Captioning
- Court Blocks FCC On Content Deals, Cutting Outsiders' Access To Program Terms
- Turner Networks, Including CNN, Return To Dish Network
- Norman Lear Nixes 'All In The Family' Reboot For Sony--For Now
- Aereo Files For Bankruptcy Protection