Do you believe that Liberty CEO Greg Maffei doesn’t know whether he’ll keep Sirius XM or spin it off if his takeover attempt works? Me neither. But that’s his story and he sticks to it in his interview this morning with CNBC’s David Faber. Maffei adds that he wants to keep Mel Karmazin as the satellite radio company’s CEO. On other matters, Maffei takes a swipe at the New York Post, praises Barnes & Noble, notes that consumers are “very nervous,” and says Liberty plans to keep the Atlanta Braves.
Liberty Media CEO Says He's “Not Sure” About Sirius XM Plans: Video
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- DreamWorks Animation's Negotiations With SoftBank Have Cooled: Report
- What Is SoftBank, And Why Might It Want DreamWorks Animation?
- UPDATE: Deal Talk Lifts DreamWorks Animation Shares While Analysts Question Its Logic
- Derek Jeter's Yankee Stadium Farewell Scores Record-Setting Streams For MLB.TV
- Comcast Names Exec To “Reimagine” Customer Experience, Acknowledging It's A Problem
- Yahoo And AOL Shares Pop After Activist Investor Urges A Merger