Do you believe that Liberty CEO Greg Maffei doesn’t know whether he’ll keep Sirius XM or spin it off if his takeover attempt works? Me neither. But that’s his story and he sticks to it in his interview this morning with CNBC’s David Faber. Maffei adds that he wants to keep Mel Karmazin as the satellite radio company’s CEO. On other matters, Maffei takes a swipe at the New York Post, praises Barnes & Noble, notes that consumers are “very nervous,” and says Liberty plans to keep the Atlanta Braves.
Liberty Media CEO Says He's “Not Sure” About Sirius XM Plans: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International…
- ‘Wasted!’ Directors & EP Anthony Bourdain On The Problem Of Food Waste And Ways To Combat It…
- Dennis Rodman Runs Amok In Colin Hanks’ ‘The Amazing Adventures Of Wally And The Worm’…
- ‘Dear Basketball’ Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built “Piece By Piece” And Life After Basketball…
- Docs 'Citizen Jane' & 'Jeremiah Tower' Rule Quiet Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 3 – Andie MacDowell, Joseph Fiennes, Elisabeth Moss, Kobe Bryant, Dan Stevens…