Millennium Entertainment will release Lee Daniels’ The Paperboy theatrically on October 5, the distributor announced today. The erotic thriller stars Matthew McConaughey, Nicole Kidman, Zac Efron, David Oyelowo, Macy Gray and John Cusack. The screenplay was written by Pete Dexter and Daniels, based on the novel by Dexter. The movie got decidedly mixed reviews in May when it had its world premiere at Cannes. It revolves around a man (Efron) who tries to help his journalist brother (McConaughey) investigate the possible wrongful conviction of a man on death row (Cusack). Kidman co-stars as a Southern tart who likes her men behind bars.
'The Paperboy' Gets Oct. 5 Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest Film News
- ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Redband Trailer: Grieving Mom Frances McDormand Vs. Local Cop…
- Andrew Dice Clay In Negotiations To Join ‘A Star Is Born’ In Key Role
- Tika Sumpter Joins Casey Affleck In ‘The Old Man And The Gun’
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Brings Global Box Office To $462M Through Wednesday
- Bruna Papandrea’s Made Up Stories Lands First Book: ‘The House On Langley Lake’
- Maika Monroe & Jeremy Allen White To Star In ‘Shotgun’ Helmed By Hannah Marks & Joey Power