EXCLUSIVE: After almost two years at the helm of Ellen DeGeneres’ A Very Good Production, Lauren Corrao is leaving the company, which has a multi-faceted deal with Warner Bros TV Group spanning several divisions. The parting of the ways was a mutual decision — Corrao has opted to move on, and DeGeneres is now looking for a new executive. Corrao joined A Very Good Production in fall 2010 as its first development executive in the company’s buildup into a full-fledged production entity. During her tenure, A Very Good Production landed a pilot order for comedy The Smart One at ABC this past season. Corrao, former Comedy Central president of original programming and development, left the cable network at the end of 2009 to return to producing. During her seven-year stint at Comedy Central, she oversaw The Sarah Silverman Program, Chappelle’s Show, Drawn Together, Reno 911! and Important Things With Demetri Martin. Before that, she was a producing partner with Peter Tolan, developing and executive producing with him ABC’s The Job, and also worked at Fox as VP comedy and VP alternative & late night.
Lauren Corrao Exits Ellen DeGeneres' TV Production Company
What's Hot on Deadline
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why 'Roman J. Israel, Esq' Never Left The '60s Behind - The Contenders Video
Latest TV News
- Peter Baldwin Dies: ‘Mary Tyler Moore’, ‘Wonder Years’ Director Was 86
- Apple Investment In Original Video Will Reach $4.2 Billion By 2022: Report
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy’s Parade Steady, ‘Young…
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement