EXCLUSIVE: After almost two years at the helm of Ellen DeGeneres’ A Very Good Production, Lauren Corrao is leaving the company, which has a multi-faceted deal with Warner Bros TV Group spanning several divisions. The parting of the ways was a mutual decision — Corrao has opted to move on, and DeGeneres is now looking for a new executive. Corrao joined A Very Good Production in fall 2010 as its first development executive in the company’s buildup into a full-fledged production entity. During her tenure, A Very Good Production landed a pilot order for comedy The Smart One at ABC this past season. Corrao, former Comedy Central president of original programming and development, left the cable network at the end of 2009 to return to producing. During her seven-year stint at Comedy Central, she oversaw The Sarah Silverman Program, Chappelle’s Show, Drawn Together, Reno 911! and Important Things With Demetri Martin. Before that, she was a producing partner with Peter Tolan, developing and executive producing with him ABC’s The Job, and also worked at Fox as VP comedy and VP alternative & late night.
Lauren Corrao Exits Ellen DeGeneres' TV Production Company
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Connie Britton Exits In Plot Twist, Reflects On Her 4.5 Seasons
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?