EXCLUSIVE: Kristopher Higgins is in talks to join the cast of Devil’s Knot. Higgins, who appeared in season 3 of The Secret Life Of The American Teenager, joins the already announced Colin Firth and Reese Witherspoon in the drama about the West Memphis 3 that Atom Egoyan is directing. The film tells the true tale of teens Jessie Misskelley, Damien Echols, and Jason Baldwin, who were convicted in Arkansas of murdering three 8-year-olds in 1993 despite no physical evidence. Higgins will play Misskelley. The trio were finally released last year. Scott Derrickson and Paul Boardman, the team behind The Exorcism Of Emily Rose, originally wrote the film’s script; Egoyan is now working with Boardman on a rewrite. The film is based on the 2003 book Devil’s Knot: The True Story Of The West Memphis Three by investigative reporter Mara Leveritt. The book offered an in-depth chronicle of the satanic panic that gripped the town and sensationalized trials that sent the three to prison. Higgins is repped by ICM and Luber Roklin.
Kristopher Higgins Joining 'Devil’s Knot'
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
TV Upfronts 2017 Schedule: Fewer Agency Parties Amid WGA Strike Fears; CBS Tackles Unexpected Vacancy
Latest Film News
- Universal’s ‘Half To Death’ & ‘The Snowman’ Swap Slots; ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Moves Off 2017 Schedule…
- Netflix Picks Up Alfre Woodard-Starring Drama ‘Juanita’
- Will Smith In Talks To Join Ang Lee For ‘Gemini Man’
- Madonna Criticizes Unauthorized Biopic ‘Blonde Ambition’
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’: $100M Offshore Bow In The Mix? – International Box Office Preview
- Harvey Weinstein On ‘3 Generations’ Ratings Dilemma: Cut, Or Risk Losing Access To Teen Audience