Warner Bros has bought remake rights to the Danish film Klown, a raunchy road trip comedy that Drafthouse Films is releasing in the U.S. next month. The redo has Todd Phillips aboard to produce and maybe direct, and Danny McBride set to star and writing the script — from his work on the over-the-top Eastbound & Down, you can see where this is going. The original movie, based on a TV show, is about two self-centered married guys who go on a trip together to get girls — but one of the guys kidnaps a 12-year-old to bring along because his wife thinks he wouldn’t make a good father and he wants to prove her wrong. It’ll be in theaters in NY, LA, Austin and VOD everywhere on July 27. Here’s a trailer that dropped today.
Hot Trailer: 'Klown'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Actor Dave Bautista Joins Jaime Foxx In Animated Film ‘Groove Tails’
- Vanessa Hudgens & Annaleigh Ashford Board Jennifer Lopez-Starring Film ‘Second Act’
- ‘Gotham’s Cory Michael Smith Joins ‘First Man’s Space Crew
- Frank Grillo, Jamie Bell To Topline ‘Donnybrook’; Yolonda Ross Joins ‘Out Of Blue’
- Peter Thiel-Backed Legal Startup Offers $100,000 To Women With Weinstein Claims
- Harvey Weinstein Resigns From TWC Board As Termination Ratified In Meeting