Warner Bros has bought remake rights to the Danish film Klown, a raunchy road trip comedy that Drafthouse Films is releasing in the U.S. next month. The redo has Todd Phillips aboard to produce and maybe direct, and Danny McBride set to star and writing the script — from his work on the over-the-top Eastbound & Down, you can see where this is going. The original movie, based on a TV show, is about two self-centered married guys who go on a trip together to get girls — but one of the guys kidnaps a 12-year-old to bring along because his wife thinks he wouldn’t make a good father and he wants to prove her wrong. It’ll be in theaters in NY, LA, Austin and VOD everywhere on July 27. Here’s a trailer that dropped today.
Hot Trailer: 'Klown'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
Latest Film News
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Actor Peter Vaughan Dies At The Age Of 93
- Roman Polanski Cannot Be Extradited To U.S.; Polish Supreme Court’s Final Ruling
- Twitter Year-End Numbers: Top Trending TV Shows, Movies & More
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Bests $600M WW; ‘Moana’ Mints $180M; ‘Doctor Strange’ Ices ‘Deadpool’, ‘Iron Man 2’ – Intl…
- Note To Oscar Host Jimmy Kimmel: Johnny Carson’s Suit Patterns Are Up For Sale
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Trailer: Watch Optimus Prime Do Some Heavy Duty Transforming