You can call him Sir Kenneth. Oscar-nominated actor, director and screenwriter Kenneth Branagh declared “My heart’s fit to burst” after he was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II. From Pinewood Studios where he’s preparing for the Jack Ryan reboot for Paramount, the 51-year-old Branagh said he feels “humble, elated, and incredibly lucky.” Kate Winslet also was honored. She was named a Commander of the Order of the British Empire for her contribution to the arts.
Kenneth Branagh Knighted, Kate Winslet Honored For Contribution To The Arts
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Team
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016