You can call him Sir Kenneth. Oscar-nominated actor, director and screenwriter Kenneth Branagh declared “My heart’s fit to burst” after he was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II. From Pinewood Studios where he’s preparing for the Jack Ryan reboot for Paramount, the 51-year-old Branagh said he feels “humble, elated, and incredibly lucky.” Kate Winslet also was honored. She was named a Commander of the Order of the British Empire for her contribution to the arts.
Kenneth Branagh Knighted, Kate Winslet Honored For Contribution To The Arts
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Team
- Netflix Gets Into French Originals Business With 'Marseille'
- Diane Sawyer Signs Off As Anchor Of 'World News' (Video)
- R.I.P. Character Actor Stephen Lee
- UPDATE: 'Magic Mike' Sequel Moved Up To Wednesday Before Fourth Of July
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Snags Summer Season's Second Strongest Numbers With Major Spoiler
- John Hillcoat's 'Triple Nine' Gets September 2015 Release Date