You can call him Sir Kenneth. Oscar-nominated actor, director and screenwriter Kenneth Branagh declared “My heart’s fit to burst” after he was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II. From Pinewood Studios where he’s preparing for the Jack Ryan reboot for Paramount, the 51-year-old Branagh said he feels “humble, elated, and incredibly lucky.” Kate Winslet also was honored. She was named a Commander of the Order of the British Empire for her contribution to the arts.
Kenneth Branagh Knighted, Kate Winslet Honored For Contribution To The Arts
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Awardsline News
- Cinema Audio Society Sets 2018 Awards Date, Timeline
- Toronto Film Festival: Who’s In And Who’s Out?
- Los Angeles Area Emmys: KCET Leads Field; Spanish-Language Outlets Close Behind
- Dick Van Dyke To Receive BAFTA’s Britannia Excellence In TV Award
- Deadline’s PMC, Hollywood Filmmakers & Sports Teams Back Launch Of National Heroes Day
- American Cinematheque To Honor Imax At Awards Gala