EXCLUSIVE: Justin Long is in negotiations for the lead role in The Ten O’clock People. The Live Free Or Die Hard actor would play Brandon Pearson in the modernized adaptation of the Stephen King short story. As previously reported, Tom Holland will direct and has written the screenplay. The story follows Pearson’s attempt to quit smoking and the unknown and terrifying aspect of reality that he uncovers as he tries to kick. The Ten O’clock People comes from King’s 1993 Nightmares And Dreamscapes collection. The film starts shooting September 10 in New York. It’s produced by Making Ten O’clock Productions and Holland’s Dead Rabbit Films with Nathaniel Kramer and E.J. Meyers producing. Long is repped by CAA and Principato-Young.
Justin Long In Talks For Stephen King's 'The Ten O'Clock People'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Patten
- UPDATE: ESPN's 'Monday Night Football' Rises In Week Two Of NFL Season
- Gov. Brown Likely To Sign Film & TV Tax Credit Expansion This Week
- FX's 'Sons Of Anarchy' Final Season Premiere Soars In Live+3 Ratings
- SPOILER: 'Hell On Wheels' Star, Showrunner Detail Character's Surprise Exit
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Utopia' Down Again, 'Kitchen Nightmares' Finale Falls, NBC Tops Night