EXCLUSIVE: Justin Long is in negotiations for the lead role in The Ten O’clock People. The Live Free Or Die Hard actor would play Brandon Pearson in the modernized adaptation of the Stephen King short story. As previously reported, Tom Holland will direct and has written the screenplay. The story follows Pearson’s attempt to quit smoking and the unknown and terrifying aspect of reality that he uncovers as he tries to kick. The Ten O’clock People comes from King’s 1993 Nightmares And Dreamscapes collection. The film starts shooting September 10 in New York. It’s produced by Making Ten O’clock Productions and Holland’s Dead Rabbit Films with Nathaniel Kramer and E.J. Meyers producing. Long is repped by CAA and Principato-Young.
Justin Long In Talks For Stephen King's 'The Ten O'Clock People'
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
More From Patten
- 'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
- Latin Grammy Ratings: Preempted By Obama Speech, Univision Broadcast Steady With 2013
- 'Hello Ladies – The Movie' Review: Dominic Patten Says Goodbye HBO Show
- Disney Hit With New Lawsuits By Kids With Autism; Many More Expected
- 'American Idol' $250M Racism Case Dismissed, Win For Fox
- 'Lost Songs: The Basement Tapes Continued' Review: Dominic Patten On Dylan Homage