EXCLUSIVE: Justin Long is in negotiations for the lead role in The Ten O’clock People. The Live Free Or Die Hard actor would play Brandon Pearson in the modernized adaptation of the Stephen King short story. As previously reported, Tom Holland will direct and has written the screenplay. The story follows Pearson’s attempt to quit smoking and the unknown and terrifying aspect of reality that he uncovers as he tries to kick. The Ten O’clock People comes from King’s 1993 Nightmares And Dreamscapes collection. The film starts shooting September 10 in New York. It’s produced by Making Ten O’clock Productions and Holland’s Dead Rabbit Films with Nathaniel Kramer and E.J. Meyers producing. Long is repped by CAA and Principato-Young.
Justin Long In Talks For Stephen King's 'The Ten O'Clock People'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' Scares Off 'Jack Reacher' For No. 1; 'Joneses' Opening Lower Than 'Masterminds' - Sat. Afternoon Update
Latest Film News
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency
- AT&T And Time Warner Unveil Merger Terms Calling It A “Perfect Match”
- Kathryn Adams Dies; ‘Saboteur’ Actress Was 96
- ‘Loving’ To Inaugurate Film Screenings At National Museum Of African American History & Culture
- Matt Damon, Cheo Coker Among Featured Speakers At Produced By New York 2016
- Director Tim Miller, Ryan Reynolds Part Company On ‘Deadpool 2’