The Jim Henson Company has acquired rights to the Frog And Toad children’s books and is developing an animated feature. Written and illustrated by Arnold Lobel in the 1970s, each of the four books include five short stories chronicling the exploits of a frog and his friend, a toad. Lisa Henson will produce for the Jim Henson Company, and Adam and Adrianne Lobel will executive produce. Craig Bartlett (Dinosaur Train, Hey Arnold!) will write the screenplay and Cory Edwards (Hoodwinked) is attached to direct. The deal is tied to a licensing and merchandising program signed with HarperCollins Children’s Books. The company is presenting Frog And Toad at the upcoming Licensing Expo in Las Vegas.
Jim Henson Company To Develop 'Frog And Toad' Animated Feature Film
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- New York Television Festival Announces 2014 Winners
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC