The Jim Henson Company has acquired rights to the Frog And Toad children’s books and is developing an animated feature. Written and illustrated by Arnold Lobel in the 1970s, each of the four books include five short stories chronicling the exploits of a frog and his friend, a toad. Lisa Henson will produce for the Jim Henson Company, and Adam and Adrianne Lobel will executive produce. Craig Bartlett (Dinosaur Train, Hey Arnold!) will write the screenplay and Cory Edwards (Hoodwinked) is attached to direct. The deal is tied to a licensing and merchandising program signed with HarperCollins Children’s Books. The company is presenting Frog And Toad at the upcoming Licensing Expo in Las Vegas.
Jim Henson Company To Develop 'Frog And Toad' Animated Feature Film
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Roy Wood Jr. To Star In Parole Officer Comedy From Trevor Noah & Aaron McGruder In Works At Comedy Central
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’: Hollywood Cannot Stop Praising The Groundbreaking Marvel Blockbuster
- Oscars Street Closures: When & Where To Expect Detours, Delays
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Activist Organization Hosts Voter Registration Events At ‘Black Panther’ Screenings
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin