She already has an Oscar, a Golden Globe a Grammy. Now Jennifer Hudson is going for an Emmy. The Dreamgirls co-star is set to appear in a multi-episode arc on NBC’s musical drama Smash next season, beginning with the second-season premiere. Hudson will play Veronica Moore, a Tony Award-winning Broadway star who impacts the lives of Karen (Katharine McPhee) and Ivy (Megan Hilty). “This series is a showcase for some of the best musical talent in the business and that’s a fitting description for Jennifer Hudson,” NBC chairman Bob Greenblatt said. “Her character will represent someone who reached their Broadway dream but also paid a price for it.” The stint reunites Hudson with Smash executive producer Steven Spielberg whose company DreamWorks also produced Dreamgirls. “I have no doubt Jennifer will continue to deliver even more inspiration to the audience responsible for giving us a second season on NBC,” he said. Smash will now feature two famous American Idol alumnas next season: McPhee, who was a finalist in Season 5, and Hudson, who was on the third season of the reality series.
Jennifer Hudson To Recur On NBC 'Smash'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Donald Trump's Tape Admission "Extraordinarily Stupid" Confirmation Of James Comey Testimony
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Rises To $199M Overseas, $267M+ Global Bow - International Box Office
Why 'Transformers' Is Screaming For Reboot After $68M Start; 'Wonder Woman' Steps On 'Cars 3' In 2nd-Place Fight - Monday AM
Latest TV News
- White House Clobbers CBO Forecast 22M Lose Health Insurance Under Senate Trumpcare Plan
- Eileen Myers Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Drama Spec To Showtime
- ‘Fahrenheit 451’: Laura Harrier Cast As Millie In HBO Movie
- ‘L&O True Crime: The Menendez Murders’: Josh Charles Cast As Brothers’ Psychiatrist
- Fox’s Beth Miyares Joins Morgan Freeman & Lori McCreary’s Revelations Entertainment As Head Of Scripted TV
- Three CNN Journalists Resign In Wake Of Retracted Russian Investment Fund Report