She already has an Oscar, a Golden Globe a Grammy. Now Jennifer Hudson is going for an Emmy. The Dreamgirls co-star is set to appear in a multi-episode arc on NBC’s musical drama Smash next season, beginning with the second-season premiere. Hudson will play Veronica Moore, a Tony Award-winning Broadway star who impacts the lives of Karen (Katharine McPhee) and Ivy (Megan Hilty). “This series is a showcase for some of the best musical talent in the business and that’s a fitting description for Jennifer Hudson,” NBC chairman Bob Greenblatt said. “Her character will represent someone who reached their Broadway dream but also paid a price for it.” The stint reunites Hudson with Smash executive producer Steven Spielberg whose company DreamWorks also produced Dreamgirls. “I have no doubt Jennifer will continue to deliver even more inspiration to the audience responsible for giving us a second season on NBC,” he said. Smash will now feature two famous American Idol alumnas next season: McPhee, who was a finalist in Season 5, and Hudson, who was on the third season of the reality series.
Jennifer Hudson To Recur On NBC 'Smash'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Steve Bannon Ouster Unsatisfying While "Panderer To White Nationalists" He Worked For Still There
Scott Rudin Will Bring Denzel Washington Back To Broadway For 'The Iceman Cometh' Staged By George C. Wolfe
Universal $3B+ As 'Despicable' Franchise Takes Ani Crown; 'Wolf Warrior 2' Bests 'Avatar' Record - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- NBCU Taps Trevor Fellows To Oversee Digital Ad Sales And Strategy
- Bill O’Reilly: Donald Trump Is Ignorant About Nazism
- ‘Ice’: Jocelyn Hudon Joins As Series Regular In Season 2 Recasting, 4 Set To Recur In Audience Network Drama Series
- Robert De Niro Lets Loose On Bernie Madoff, How Netflix Is A Savior, And Why The Emmys Should Dump On Trump
- Marvel’s ‘The Punisher’ Teaser: Frank Castle Is Coming To Collect
- Donald Trump Slams “Dishonest Fake News Media” On Return To Washington