She already has an Oscar, a Golden Globe a Grammy. Now Jennifer Hudson is going for an Emmy. The Dreamgirls co-star is set to appear in a multi-episode arc on NBC’s musical drama Smash next season, beginning with the second-season premiere. Hudson will play Veronica Moore, a Tony Award-winning Broadway star who impacts the lives of Karen (Katharine McPhee) and Ivy (Megan Hilty). “This series is a showcase for some of the best musical talent in the business and that’s a fitting description for Jennifer Hudson,” NBC chairman Bob Greenblatt said. “Her character will represent someone who reached their Broadway dream but also paid a price for it.” The stint reunites Hudson with Smash executive producer Steven Spielberg whose company DreamWorks also produced Dreamgirls. “I have no doubt Jennifer will continue to deliver even more inspiration to the audience responsible for giving us a second season on NBC,” he said. Smash will now feature two famous American Idol alumnas next season: McPhee, who was a finalist in Season 5, and Hudson, who was on the third season of the reality series.
Jennifer Hudson To Recur On NBC 'Smash'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Mika Brzezinski To Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Presidency “Far Worse” Than She Expected
- '2017' Trailer: Louis C.K. Takes The Stage In Netflix Stand-Up Special
- Trevor Noah Announces ‘The Daily Show’s Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library
- Maxine Waters Tells Bill O’Reilly To Buzz Off
- ‘New Girl’ Clip: And Schmidt’s First Name Is…
- CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Real Life’ Casts Male Lead Role With Ryan Hansen As Guest Star, Mulls Potential Premise Tweak