She already has an Oscar, a Golden Globe a Grammy. Now Jennifer Hudson is going for an Emmy. The Dreamgirls co-star is set to appear in a multi-episode arc on NBC’s musical drama Smash next season, beginning with the second-season premiere. Hudson will play Veronica Moore, a Tony Award-winning Broadway star who impacts the lives of Karen (Katharine McPhee) and Ivy (Megan Hilty). “This series is a showcase for some of the best musical talent in the business and that’s a fitting description for Jennifer Hudson,” NBC chairman Bob Greenblatt said. “Her character will represent someone who reached their Broadway dream but also paid a price for it.” The stint reunites Hudson with Smash executive producer Steven Spielberg whose company DreamWorks also produced Dreamgirls. “I have no doubt Jennifer will continue to deliver even more inspiration to the audience responsible for giving us a second season on NBC,” he said. Smash will now feature two famous American Idol alumnas next season: McPhee, who was a finalist in Season 5, and Hudson, who was on the third season of the reality series.
Jennifer Hudson To Recur On NBC 'Smash'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump, Like NFL Protest, Has ‘Everything To Do With Race’
- Jordan Klepper Bows Before “Glistening Slab Of Texas Truth” Alex Jones In ‘The Opposition’ Launch
- Bill O’Reilly Set To Return To Fox News As Guest On ‘Hannity’
- ‘The X-Files’ Stars Gillian Anderson And David Duchovny Take A Knee While On Set
- Donald Trump Finally Tweets About Puerto Rico: “Broken Infrastructure, Massive Debt”
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Premiere: EP On Proposal Outcome, New Twist & Possible ‘Young Sheldon’ Crossovers In…