She already has an Oscar, a Golden Globe a Grammy. Now Jennifer Hudson is going for an Emmy. The Dreamgirls co-star is set to appear in a multi-episode arc on NBC’s musical drama Smash next season, beginning with the second-season premiere. Hudson will play Veronica Moore, a Tony Award-winning Broadway star who impacts the lives of Karen (Katharine McPhee) and Ivy (Megan Hilty). “This series is a showcase for some of the best musical talent in the business and that’s a fitting description for Jennifer Hudson,” NBC chairman Bob Greenblatt said. “Her character will represent someone who reached their Broadway dream but also paid a price for it.” The stint reunites Hudson with Smash executive producer Steven Spielberg whose company DreamWorks also produced Dreamgirls. “I have no doubt Jennifer will continue to deliver even more inspiration to the audience responsible for giving us a second season on NBC,” he said. Smash will now feature two famous American Idol alumnas next season: McPhee, who was a finalist in Season 5, and Hudson, who was on the third season of the reality series.
Jennifer Hudson To Recur On NBC 'Smash'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
Latest TV News
- NBC Orders 4 Multicamera Comedy Pilots From Suzanne Martin, Greg Malins, Brian Gallivan & Josh Malmuth
- Ann Curry Tells ‘The View’: “I Did Not Have A Button In My Office” At ‘Today’
- NBCUniversal Cable Taps BET Exec As VP Programming & Diversity
- AMC Wants ‘Walking Dead’ Suit From CAA & Frank Darabont Halted Over New Case
- Altice USA Fires Back At Starz FCC Petitions: “No Basis In Fact”
- All3Media America Executive Shakeup: CEO Greg Lipstone & COO Dan Donahue Exit Company