Nutopia is the UK-based documentary and reality production outfit founded by former Discovery Channel US president, Jane Root. The company is best known for its ‘mega-docs’ including 12-hour Emmy-winning series America: The Story Of US, which aired on History in 2010. It’s currently in production on another 12-hour series for History, Mankind: The Story Of All Of Us, along with How We Invented The World for Discovery International and The 80s: The Decade That Made Us for NatGeo US. Nutopia’s new appointments include promoting head of production Helena Tait to COO, with former deputy head of production, Josh Wilkins, moving up to head of production. Nav Raman has also joined Nutopia as executive producer and director of development. She was previously commissioning editor, factual entertainment at Channel 4. Rupert Brankin-Frisby, who previously consulted on legal and business affairs, is now commercial director.
Jane Root's Nutopia Makes Series Of Executive Appointments
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'
- Hot Trailer: Marion Cotillard Has 'Two Days, One Night'
- Will Disney Take 'Pirates 5′ Down Under Using '20,000 Leagues' Tax Incentive?
- Intl Box Office Final: 'Turtles' Overpower 'Expendables 3′ In Russia; 'Dragon 2′ Takes Flight In China With $25.9M
- BBC One Renews Hit Crime Drama 'Happy Valley'
- UPDATE: UK Jewish Film Fest, London's Tricycle Cinema Reach Entente