Nutopia is the UK-based documentary and reality production outfit founded by former Discovery Channel US president, Jane Root. The company is best known for its ‘mega-docs’ including 12-hour Emmy-winning series America: The Story Of US, which aired on History in 2010. It’s currently in production on another 12-hour series for History, Mankind: The Story Of All Of Us, along with How We Invented The World for Discovery International and The 80s: The Decade That Made Us for NatGeo US. Nutopia’s new appointments include promoting head of production Helena Tait to COO, with former deputy head of production, Josh Wilkins, moving up to head of production. Nav Raman has also joined Nutopia as executive producer and director of development. She was previously commissioning editor, factual entertainment at Channel 4. Rupert Brankin-Frisby, who previously consulted on legal and business affairs, is now commercial director.
Jane Root's Nutopia Makes Series Of Executive Appointments
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32M To $33M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps To $13.2M; 'Where I Leave You' No. 3
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Tartaglione
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward