Nutopia is the UK-based documentary and reality production outfit founded by former Discovery Channel US president, Jane Root. The company is best known for its ‘mega-docs’ including 12-hour Emmy-winning series America: The Story Of US, which aired on History in 2010. It’s currently in production on another 12-hour series for History, Mankind: The Story Of All Of Us, along with How We Invented The World for Discovery International and The 80s: The Decade That Made Us for NatGeo US. Nutopia’s new appointments include promoting head of production Helena Tait to COO, with former deputy head of production, Josh Wilkins, moving up to head of production. Nav Raman has also joined Nutopia as executive producer and director of development. She was previously commissioning editor, factual entertainment at Channel 4. Rupert Brankin-Frisby, who previously consulted on legal and business affairs, is now commercial director.
Jane Root's Nutopia Makes Series Of Executive Appointments
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Happy New Year' Released Direct To Fans Online
- ITV Invests In Ex-Maker CEO's Zealot Networks
- Berlin Film Festival Ties On 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' International Premiere
- China Says It's Against Cyberterrorism; Stays Mum On North Korea, Helping U.S.
- 'Hobbit' Rules While Chinese, Indian And French Films Make Noise: Intl BO Update