EXCLUSIVE: Looks like we might have a Hunger Games winner. Zoe Aggeliki has the edge over Jena Malone for a role in Lionsgate‘s The Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire. Aggeliki and Malone (Sucker Punch) are up for the part of Johanna Mason, an ax-welding, deceptive and ruthless winner of a previous Hunger Games in the sequel film. However, sources say model-actress Aggeliki is the one in the most serious talks after both auditioned for director Francis Lawrence. Aggeliki has roles in the upcoming R.I.P.D. and another sequel, Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters. Lawrence took over as director on Catching Fire after original Hunger Games director Gary Ross choose in April not to helm the blockbuster’s sequel. The Mason character plays a pivotal role in the first and second Hunger Games sequels and would be a meaty role and career boost for any performer. With Jennifer Lawrence reprising her role as Katniss Everdeen, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is scheduled for release November 22, 2013.
'Hunger Games' Sequel In Talks With Zoe Aggeliki For Key Role
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Patten
- UPDATED: MPAA Weighs In; Action! California Senate Overwhelmingly Passes $330M Film & TV Tax Credit Expansion
- ICM Partners Trying To Head Off Interns' Class Action Lawsuit
- RATINGS RAT RACE: NFL Preseason Preemptions Tackle Primetime
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Extant' & 'Motive' Finale Up, 'SYTYCD' Surges, 'America's Got Talent' Steady
- Disney Faces More Heat As Autistic Kids Lawsuit Looks To Expand
- Warner Bros. Slams “Unauthorized” 'Gilligan's Island' Copyright Lawsuit