EXCLUSIVE: Looks like we might have a Hunger Games winner. Zoe Aggeliki has the edge over Jena Malone for a role in Lionsgate‘s The Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire. Aggeliki and Malone (Sucker Punch) are up for the part of Johanna Mason, an ax-welding, deceptive and ruthless winner of a previous Hunger Games in the sequel film. However, sources say model-actress Aggeliki is the one in the most serious talks after both auditioned for director Francis Lawrence. Aggeliki has roles in the upcoming R.I.P.D. and another sequel, Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters. Lawrence took over as director on Catching Fire after original Hunger Games director Gary Ross choose in April not to helm the blockbuster’s sequel. The Mason character plays a pivotal role in the first and second Hunger Games sequels and would be a meaty role and career boost for any performer. With Jennifer Lawrence reprising her role as Katniss Everdeen, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is scheduled for release November 22, 2013.
'Hunger Games' Sequel In Talks With Zoe Aggeliki For Key Role
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest Film News
- “New” Michael Crichton Novel ‘Dragon Teeth’ Coming Out Next Year
- ‘Bad Moms’ Review: Perfect Movie For Moms To Ditch The Kids And Have Some Raunchy Fun
- Alcon Acquires Feature Film Pitch ‘Besties’ From ‘Lucifer’ Co-EP
- Thriller ‘Here and Gone’ Lands At Random House Studio In First Project With China’s Meridian; James Schamus…
- ‘Masterminds’ Trailer: What Could Be Simpler Than A Multimillion-Dollar Heist?
- Vin Diesel Nearing 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars