EXCLUSIVE: Looks like we might have a Hunger Games winner. Zoe Aggeliki has the edge over Jena Malone for a role in Lionsgate‘s The Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire. Aggeliki and Malone (Sucker Punch) are up for the part of Johanna Mason, an ax-welding, deceptive and ruthless winner of a previous Hunger Games in the sequel film. However, sources say model-actress Aggeliki is the one in the most serious talks after both auditioned for director Francis Lawrence. Aggeliki has roles in the upcoming R.I.P.D. and another sequel, Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters. Lawrence took over as director on Catching Fire after original Hunger Games director Gary Ross choose in April not to helm the blockbuster’s sequel. The Mason character plays a pivotal role in the first and second Hunger Games sequels and would be a meaty role and career boost for any performer. With Jennifer Lawrence reprising her role as Katniss Everdeen, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is scheduled for release November 22, 2013.
'Hunger Games' Sequel In Talks With Zoe Aggeliki For Key Role
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest Film News
- China Film Bureau Names Wang Xiaohui As New Head Of Department
- James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Review: Han, Chewy & Lando Save The Day In Rip-Roarin’ Origin Story
- Harvey Weinstein Expected To Do Perp Walk Friday When He Surrenders To NYPD
- Lobo Sebastian Cast In ‘The Mule & ‘Words On Bathroom Walls’; Martha Kelly Joins ‘Corporate Animals…
- ‘Star Wars’ Boba Fett Spinoff Said To Be Back On Track With James Mangold