EXCLUSIVE: Looks like we might have a Hunger Games winner. Zoe Aggeliki has the edge over Jena Malone for a role in Lionsgate‘s The Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire. Aggeliki and Malone (Sucker Punch) are up for the part of Johanna Mason, an ax-welding, deceptive and ruthless winner of a previous Hunger Games in the sequel film. However, sources say model-actress Aggeliki is the one in the most serious talks after both auditioned for director Francis Lawrence. Aggeliki has roles in the upcoming R.I.P.D. and another sequel, Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters. Lawrence took over as director on Catching Fire after original Hunger Games director Gary Ross choose in April not to helm the blockbuster’s sequel. The Mason character plays a pivotal role in the first and second Hunger Games sequels and would be a meaty role and career boost for any performer. With Jennifer Lawrence reprising her role as Katniss Everdeen, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is scheduled for release November 22, 2013.
'Hunger Games' Sequel In Talks With Zoe Aggeliki For Key Role
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest Film News
- Brad Weston’s Makeready Lands Jessica Barry Thriller Novel ‘Freefall,’ Latest In Slate-Building Deal Flurry
- ‘Young Karl Marx’, 'November', 'The Lodgers,' & 'Are We Not Cats' Among Openers – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Stephen King’s ‘The Bone Church’ To Be Developed For Series By Chris Long & David Ayer’s Cedar Park
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association Responds To Brendan Fraser Groping Charge
- Oscar List Of Nominated Song Performers Includes Mary J. Blige, Sufjan Stevens, Common
- ‘Leviathan’ & ‘McMafia’ Actor Under Fire For Anti-Russian Comments; Colleagues Respond