That Lionsgate blockbuster The Hunger Games came into this weekend with a domestic theatrical gross of $399.5M. Sometime today the bestselling book-turned-movie is crossing the $400M mark at the U.S. and Canadian box office. Adding The Avengers and assuming The Dark Knight Rises is a sure thing, this will be the first year where 3 movies end up with over $400 million in North American grosses. Its global cume is near $650M.
'Hunger Games' Crossing $400M Today
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest Box Office News
- Elle Fanning Is 'Mary Shelley'; Fashion's André Talley Lands Doc – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Rocketman’ Elton John Biopic Tunes Up For Next May; ‘Transformers 7’ Moved Off Calendar & More Paramount Release…
- ‘Six Billion Dollar Man’ Pushed To Summer 2020 As Pic Looks For New Director; ‘The Shining’ Sequel Finds Date; ‘Godzilla 2’…
- ‘Show Dogs’ Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Roars $185M Promo Campaign, More Than Double 2015 Movie
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Nabs 2nd-Best Tuesday For R-Rated Pic; ‘Infinity War’ 2nd-Fastest To $600M