That Lionsgate blockbuster The Hunger Games came into this weekend with a domestic theatrical gross of $399.5M. Sometime today the bestselling book-turned-movie is crossing the $400M mark at the U.S. and Canadian box office. Adding The Avengers and assuming The Dark Knight Rises is a sure thing, this will be the first year where 3 movies end up with over $400 million in North American grosses. Its global cume is near $650M.
'Hunger Games' Crossing $400M Today
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest Box Office News
- ‘M. Butterfly’ Revival With Clive Owen Sets Earlier Closing Date
- Goops! Gwyneth Paltrow Is Go-Going To Co-Produce ‘Head Over Heels’ On Broadway
- The Global Box Office Awakens: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Could Power To $440M Opening
- Alec Baldwin Eyes Broadway For Solo Trump Show, With Lorne Michaels’ Blessing
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Easily Fandango’s Top Advance Ticket Seller Of 2017
- Broadway B.O.: Mark Rylance & SpongeBob SquarePants Join The Starry Field & The Boss Is Back