How I Met Your Mother executive producer Chuck Tatham has signed a two-year overall deal with the studio behind the long-running CBS comedy series, 20th Century Fox TV. The pact will keep him on HIMYM as an executive producer and will allow him to develop. Tatham has a long history with 20th TV that goes back to the studio’s Emmy-winning comedy Arrested Development, on which he served as a co-executive producer. Tatham worked in the same capacity on 20th TV’s Fox comedy series Back To You before joining HIMYM at the beginning of Season 4 in 2008, also as a co-executive producer. He was promoted to executive producer at the beginning of last season. “He is legitimately one of the funniest writers out there but he also has the dexterity to write heart,” which makes him “invaluable to the How I Met Your Mother staff,” 20th TV’s EVP Comedy Development and Animation Jonathan Davis said. “We also think that he is due for his own success.” Securing the top-level writer-producers on HIMYM is important as the series’ creators/executive producers Carter Bays and Craig Thomas also have a new series for next season, Fox’s The Goodwin Games, which the duo created with another HIMYM executive producer, Chris Harris. Tatham is repped by WME, The Collective and attorney Shep Rosenman.
'How I Met Your Mother' EP Chuck Tatham Inks Overall Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres