How I Met Your Mother executive producer Chuck Tatham has signed a two-year overall deal with the studio behind the long-running CBS comedy series, 20th Century Fox TV. The pact will keep him on HIMYM as an executive producer and will allow him to develop. Tatham has a long history with 20th TV that goes back to the studio’s Emmy-winning comedy Arrested Development, on which he served as a co-executive producer. Tatham worked in the same capacity on 20th TV’s Fox comedy series Back To You before joining HIMYM at the beginning of Season 4 in 2008, also as a co-executive producer. He was promoted to executive producer at the beginning of last season. “He is legitimately one of the funniest writers out there but he also has the dexterity to write heart,” which makes him “invaluable to the How I Met Your Mother staff,” 20th TV’s EVP Comedy Development and Animation Jonathan Davis said. “We also think that he is due for his own success.” Securing the top-level writer-producers on HIMYM is important as the series’ creators/executive producers Carter Bays and Craig Thomas also have a new series for next season, Fox’s The Goodwin Games, which the duo created with another HIMYM executive producer, Chris Harris. Tatham is repped by WME, The Collective and attorney Shep Rosenman.
'How I Met Your Mother' EP Chuck Tatham Inks Overall Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest TV News
- Hillary Clinton To Colbert: Donald Trump UN Speech “Dark, Dangerous”
- Fox & Twitter Partner On Streaming Initiatives For ‘Empire’, ‘The Mick’, And ‘Ghosted’
- Donald Trump’s “Baseless” Desire To Toss Ex-‘Apprentice’ Hopeful’s Suit Slammed
- Beau Willimon Elected President Of WGA East
- Jamie Lee Curtis To Star In & Produce Funeral Home Comedy In Works At CBS
- ‘Oscar Pistorius: Blade Runner Killer’ Movie Set For Fall Premiere On Lifetime