How I Met Your Mother executive producer Chuck Tatham has signed a two-year overall deal with the studio behind the long-running CBS comedy series, 20th Century Fox TV. The pact will keep him on HIMYM as an executive producer and will allow him to develop. Tatham has a long history with 20th TV that goes back to the studio’s Emmy-winning comedy Arrested Development, on which he served as a co-executive producer. Tatham worked in the same capacity on 20th TV’s Fox comedy series Back To You before joining HIMYM at the beginning of Season 4 in 2008, also as a co-executive producer. He was promoted to executive producer at the beginning of last season. “He is legitimately one of the funniest writers out there but he also has the dexterity to write heart,” which makes him “invaluable to the How I Met Your Mother staff,” 20th TV’s EVP Comedy Development and Animation Jonathan Davis said. “We also think that he is due for his own success.” Securing the top-level writer-producers on HIMYM is important as the series’ creators/executive producers Carter Bays and Craig Thomas also have a new series for next season, Fox’s The Goodwin Games, which the duo created with another HIMYM executive producer, Chris Harris. Tatham is repped by WME, The Collective and attorney Shep Rosenman.
'How I Met Your Mother' EP Chuck Tatham Inks Overall Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over