How I Met Your Mother executive producer Chuck Tatham has signed a two-year overall deal with the studio behind the long-running CBS comedy series, 20th Century Fox TV. The pact will keep him on HIMYM as an executive producer and will allow him to develop. Tatham has a long history with 20th TV that goes back to the studio’s Emmy-winning comedy Arrested Development, on which he served as a co-executive producer. Tatham worked in the same capacity on 20th TV’s Fox comedy series Back To You before joining HIMYM at the beginning of Season 4 in 2008, also as a co-executive producer. He was promoted to executive producer at the beginning of last season. “He is legitimately one of the funniest writers out there but he also has the dexterity to write heart,” which makes him “invaluable to the How I Met Your Mother staff,” 20th TV’s EVP Comedy Development and Animation Jonathan Davis said. “We also think that he is due for his own success.” Securing the top-level writer-producers on HIMYM is important as the series’ creators/executive producers Carter Bays and Craig Thomas also have a new series for next season, Fox’s The Goodwin Games, which the duo created with another HIMYM executive producer, Chris Harris. Tatham is repped by WME, The Collective and attorney Shep Rosenman.
'How I Met Your Mother' EP Chuck Tatham Inks Overall Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup