A Sundance Film Festival favorite when it premiered in January, The Queen Of Versailles will be released July 20 by Magnolia. The film, which won the festival’s Best Documentary Directing prize for Lauren Greenfield, chronicles the riches-to-rags misadventures of a billionaire family that builds the biggest (might I add gaudiest) house in America at 90,000 square feet, only to be unable to finish it when David Siegel’s empire is walloped by the bursting of the real estate bubble and the economic collapse of 2008. As a result, the family is forced to make changes in their spectacular lifestyle and spending habits.
Hot Trailer: 'The Queen Of Versailles'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
'Disenchantment' Teases First Look At Fantastical Characters In Matt Groening's Very Adult Netflix Animated Series
Latest Film News
- ‘Old Boys’ Trailer: First Look At Edinburgh-Bound Brit Comedy Starring Alex Lawther
- ‘Vera’s On The Case For Season 9; Fox Norway’s Dreyer Adds Sweden Remit – Global Briefs
- Parents of Slain Teen Trayvon Martin Say The Weinstein Co. Owes Them $150,000
- Liam Neeson Suits Up For ‘Men In Black’ Spinoff
- Cohen Media Group Sets ‘Palmer’ Scribe Cheryl Guerriero To Adapt ‘Maiden Voyage’
- Chad Stahelski Set To Direct ‘Analog’ For Lionsgate