A Sundance Film Festival favorite when it premiered in January, The Queen Of Versailles will be released July 20 by Magnolia. The film, which won the festival’s Best Documentary Directing prize for Lauren Greenfield, chronicles the riches-to-rags misadventures of a billionaire family that builds the biggest (might I add gaudiest) house in America at 90,000 square feet, only to be unable to finish it when David Siegel’s empire is walloped by the bursting of the real estate bubble and the economic collapse of 2008. As a result, the family is forced to make changes in their spectacular lifestyle and spending habits.
Hot Trailer: 'The Queen Of Versailles'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Rises To $199M Overseas, $267M+ Global Bow - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Hollywood Auditing China Box Office In First Look At Middle Kingdom Books
- Josh Duhamel To Make Directing Debut On WWE Studios’ ‘The Buddy Games’
- ‘Fahrenheit 451’: Laura Harrier Cast As Millie In HBO Movie
- ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’ Review: All Hail Caesar In Summer’s Crown Jewel Blockbuster
- MRC’s Modi Wiczyk Explains Risks Of Summer Originals ‘Baby Driver’ And ‘The Dark Tower’
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Rises To $199M Overseas, $267M+ Global Bow – International Box Office