A Sundance Film Festival favorite when it premiered in January, The Queen Of Versailles will be released July 20 by Magnolia. The film, which won the festival’s Best Documentary Directing prize for Lauren Greenfield, chronicles the riches-to-rags misadventures of a billionaire family that builds the biggest (might I add gaudiest) house in America at 90,000 square feet, only to be unable to finish it when David Siegel’s empire is walloped by the bursting of the real estate bubble and the economic collapse of 2008. As a result, the family is forced to make changes in their spectacular lifestyle and spending habits.
Hot Trailer: 'The Queen Of Versailles'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- UTA Vs. CAA Agent-Poaching Lawsuit: Judge Officially Hits Pause Button
- Ghost Story Pic ‘The Lodgers’ Sets Lead Cast As Production Begins In Ireland
- ‘Black Panther’ Finds Another Villain: Winston Duke To Play M’Baku/Man-Ape
- Nancy Pelosi To Host Congressional Screening Of Gun Violence Documentary
- ‘Angry Birds’ Helmer Clay Kaytis Aligned With Amblin’s ‘The Lunch Witch’
- Nancy Travis Cast In ‘Bernard And Huey’; Jonathan Baker To Co-Star In ‘Inconceivable’