Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey will have its world premiere November 28 in New Zealand — two weeks before its U.S. debut and on Jackson’s home turf. Warner Bros bows the film in the states December 14, 2012; the second film in the series, The Hobbit: There And Back Again, is set for domestic release December 13, 2013. New Line Cinema and MGM teamed on the movies, the prequels to the JRR Tolkein novels that begat Jackson’s The Lord Of The Rings trilogy. Filming on the Hobbit movies is taking place at Stone Street Studios in Wellington and on location throughout New Zealand.
'Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' To Premiere In New Zealand On Nov. 28
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
'Feud' Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland's Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX - Update
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest Film News
- Venice Film Festival Adds ‘Casa D’Altri’ Doc About 2016 Earthquake In Amatrice
- Danny Glover, David Cross And Patton Oswalt Join ‘Sorry To Bother You’
- ‘The Sound’ Acquired By Orion & Samuel Goldwyn
- ‘Wonder Woman 2’ Gets 2019 Release Date
- ‘Bloodline’ Actor Owen Teague Joins YA Romance ‘Every Day’
- Jared Leto In Talks For ‘Bloodshot’ At Sony