EXCLUSIVE: Dr. Aida Takla O’Reilly, incumbent president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, was re-elected tonight in a runoff vote following an unusual three-way split among O’Reilly and two rivals. An HFPA source revealed the result to Deadline following the vote at the Golden Globes organization’s headquarters in West Hollywood. In the runoff O’Reilly received 44 votes to Theo Kingma’s 38. The other candidate Meher Tatna came in third in the initial round. O’Reilly was elected president last year by a margin of only one vote, and a different source said if tonight’s vote had not been split in the initial three-way count Kingma might have defeated O’Reilly.
HFPA Re-Elects President In Runoff Vote
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
Latest Film News
- Sonny Landham Dies: ‘Predator’ & ‘48 Hrs.’ Actor Was 76
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Crash: Details Emerge In Death Of Stuntwoman Joi Harris
- Warner Bros Touts $1B ‘Conjuring’ Universe With ‘Annabelle: Creation’ Success
- Roman Polanski Denied Dismissal Of 1977 Rape Case; Vital Testimony Stays Sealed
- Sony Pictures Hires Exec From Focus, Promotes Another Ahead Of Toronto
- David Mackenzie’s ‘Outlaw King’ Adds Billy Howle