EXCLUSIVE: Dr. Aida Takla O’Reilly, incumbent president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, was re-elected tonight in a runoff vote following an unusual three-way split among O’Reilly and two rivals. An HFPA source revealed the result to Deadline following the vote at the Golden Globes organization’s headquarters in West Hollywood. In the runoff O’Reilly received 44 votes to Theo Kingma’s 38. The other candidate Meher Tatna came in third in the initial round. O’Reilly was elected president last year by a margin of only one vote, and a different source said if tonight’s vote had not been split in the initial three-way count Kingma might have defeated O’Reilly.
HFPA Re-Elects President In Runoff Vote
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
World's Biggest YouTuber Vows To Delete Channel Citing Traffic, Race-Based Complaints About Video Service
Latest Film News
- Peter, Paul & Mary Tune ‘Puff The Magic Dragon’ In Fox Deal With ‘Troll’s Helmer Mike Mitchell
- 21st Century Fox Reaches Preliminary Deal To Acquire UK’s Sky
- Tooley Prods Snaps Up ‘Pics Or It Didn’t Happen’ Spec By Abby McDonald
- ‘Fast 8’ Officially Titled ‘The Fate Of The Furious’ As First Look Emerges
- ‘Westworld’s Luke Hemsworth Saddles Up For Western ‘Leaving Abilene’
- Amy Adams Set To Be Honored At Palm Springs Festival