EXCLUSIVE: Dr. Aida Takla O’Reilly, incumbent president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, was re-elected tonight in a runoff vote following an unusual three-way split among O’Reilly and two rivals. An HFPA source revealed the result to Deadline following the vote at the Golden Globes organization’s headquarters in West Hollywood. In the runoff O’Reilly received 44 votes to Theo Kingma’s 38. The other candidate Meher Tatna came in third in the initial round. O’Reilly was elected president last year by a margin of only one vote, and a different source said if tonight’s vote had not been split in the initial three-way count Kingma might have defeated O’Reilly.
HFPA Re-Elects President In Runoff Vote
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…
- Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev ‘Mortal Engines’; Directing Debut For ‘Hobbit’ VFX Protege…