EXCLUSIVE: Dr. Aida Takla O’Reilly, incumbent president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, was re-elected tonight in a runoff vote following an unusual three-way split among O’Reilly and two rivals. An HFPA source revealed the result to Deadline following the vote at the Golden Globes organization’s headquarters in West Hollywood. In the runoff O’Reilly received 44 votes to Theo Kingma’s 38. The other candidate Meher Tatna came in third in the initial round. O’Reilly was elected president last year by a margin of only one vote, and a different source said if tonight’s vote had not been split in the initial three-way count Kingma might have defeated O’Reilly.
HFPA Re-Elects President In Runoff Vote
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Hammond
- Telluride: Weinstein Company Jumps Back Into Oscar Game With Strong 'Imitation Game' Screening
- Telluride: 'Wild' World Premiere Brings Tears And Oscar Talk For Reese Witherspoon
- Oscars: Season's First Academy Award Winners A Worthy Group Who Represent Moviemaking At Its Best
- Oscar Contenders In Lineup As Telluride Film Festival Announces Schedule
- OSCARS: 'Snowpiercer' Becomes First DVD Screener Sent To Academy Voters
- EMMYS: Seth Meyers Adds Comedic Spark To Emmy Show's Deja Vu