EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has attached Guy Ritchie to direct a new version of Robert Louis Stevenson’s pirate tale Treasure Island, and has set Alex Harakis to write the script. Ritchie will produce the film with his partner Lionel Wigram and Langley Park’s Kevin McCormick. It was Wigram who originally set up a stylized version of the classic novel, much the way he did Sherlock Holmes, which Ritchie directed. He set it up before he and Ritchie became partners. Their first move after partnering was to take on The Man From U.N.C.L.E., after Steven Soderbergh dropped out of the film. UTA and Magnet Management rep Harakis.
Guy Ritchie To Helm 'Treasure Island' For Warner Bros As Studio Sets Scribe
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount