EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has attached Guy Ritchie to direct a new version of Robert Louis Stevenson’s pirate tale Treasure Island, and has set Alex Harakis to write the script. Ritchie will produce the film with his partner Lionel Wigram and Langley Park’s Kevin McCormick. It was Wigram who originally set up a stylized version of the classic novel, much the way he did Sherlock Holmes, which Ritchie directed. He set it up before he and Ritchie became partners. Their first move after partnering was to take on The Man From U.N.C.L.E., after Steven Soderbergh dropped out of the film. UTA and Magnet Management rep Harakis.
Guy Ritchie To Helm 'Treasure Island' For Warner Bros As Studio Sets Scribe
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- U.S. State Department Deletes Tweet Congratulating Iranian Director After ‘Salesman’ Oscar Win
- Jaime King To Stir It Up In ‘How To Cook Your Daughter’
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Chairman Says Best Picture Gaffe Was “A Human Error”
- Sakina Jaffrey Cast In Fox’s ‘Red Sparrow’; Bill Marchant Joins Sci-Fi Indie ‘Volition’
- Donald Trump Takes Credit For Oscars Best Picture Snafu