EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has attached Guy Ritchie to direct a new version of Robert Louis Stevenson’s pirate tale Treasure Island, and has set Alex Harakis to write the script. Ritchie will produce the film with his partner Lionel Wigram and Langley Park’s Kevin McCormick. It was Wigram who originally set up a stylized version of the classic novel, much the way he did Sherlock Holmes, which Ritchie directed. He set it up before he and Ritchie became partners. Their first move after partnering was to take on The Man From U.N.C.L.E., after Steven Soderbergh dropped out of the film. UTA and Magnet Management rep Harakis.
Guy Ritchie To Helm 'Treasure Island' For Warner Bros As Studio Sets Scribe
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Insidious: The Last Key’ Locks Up $100M+ Overseas For Franchise First
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”
- Morgan Freeman “Devastated” Over Allegations, Says “I Did Not Assault Women” In New Statement
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- ‘Sesame Street’ Bosses Grouchy With STX Over Melissa McCarthy Flick ‘Happytime Murders’
- ‘American Exit’ Picked Up For Distribution By Lionsgate, Grindstone Entertainment