EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has attached Guy Ritchie to direct a new version of Robert Louis Stevenson’s pirate tale Treasure Island, and has set Alex Harakis to write the script. Ritchie will produce the film with his partner Lionel Wigram and Langley Park’s Kevin McCormick. It was Wigram who originally set up a stylized version of the classic novel, much the way he did Sherlock Holmes, which Ritchie directed. He set it up before he and Ritchie became partners. Their first move after partnering was to take on The Man From U.N.C.L.E., after Steven Soderbergh dropped out of the film. UTA and Magnet Management rep Harakis.
Guy Ritchie To Helm 'Treasure Island' For Warner Bros As Studio Sets Scribe
What's Hot on Deadline
Leonardo DiCaprio Remembers 'Gilbert Grape' Star Darlene Cates: "She Was The Best Acting Mom I Ever Had"
Latest Film News
- Disney At CinemaCon: ‘Wreck It Ralph’ Sequel Now Titled ‘Ralph Breaks The Internet’
- WGA East's Council Asks Members To Authorize Strike
- Paramount Brings The Star Power To CinemaCon: Dwayne Johnson, Mark Wahlberg, Matt Damon, George Clooney, Al Gore & More
- Paramount Teases Nickelodeon-Based Feature Toon Lineup Including ‘The Loud House’ – CinemaCon
- Fox 2000, Macmillan Land African Flavored Fantasy Novel ‘Children Of Blood And Bone’ In Splashy Deal
- ‘The Flash’s Grant Gustin Draws ‘The Last Full Measure’