EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has attached Guy Ritchie to direct a new version of Robert Louis Stevenson’s pirate tale Treasure Island, and has set Alex Harakis to write the script. Ritchie will produce the film with his partner Lionel Wigram and Langley Park’s Kevin McCormick. It was Wigram who originally set up a stylized version of the classic novel, much the way he did Sherlock Holmes, which Ritchie directed. He set it up before he and Ritchie became partners. Their first move after partnering was to take on The Man From U.N.C.L.E., after Steven Soderbergh dropped out of the film. UTA and Magnet Management rep Harakis.
Guy Ritchie To Helm 'Treasure Island' For Warner Bros As Studio Sets Scribe
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More