EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has attached Guy Ritchie to direct a new version of Robert Louis Stevenson’s pirate tale Treasure Island, and has set Alex Harakis to write the script. Ritchie will produce the film with his partner Lionel Wigram and Langley Park’s Kevin McCormick. It was Wigram who originally set up a stylized version of the classic novel, much the way he did Sherlock Holmes, which Ritchie directed. He set it up before he and Ritchie became partners. Their first move after partnering was to take on The Man From U.N.C.L.E., after Steven Soderbergh dropped out of the film. UTA and Magnet Management rep Harakis.
Guy Ritchie To Helm 'Treasure Island' For Warner Bros As Studio Sets Scribe
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction