EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has attached Guy Ritchie to direct a new version of Robert Louis Stevenson’s pirate tale Treasure Island, and has set Alex Harakis to write the script. Ritchie will produce the film with his partner Lionel Wigram and Langley Park’s Kevin McCormick. It was Wigram who originally set up a stylized version of the classic novel, much the way he did Sherlock Holmes, which Ritchie directed. He set it up before he and Ritchie became partners. Their first move after partnering was to take on The Man From U.N.C.L.E., after Steven Soderbergh dropped out of the film. UTA and Magnet Management rep Harakis.
Guy Ritchie To Helm 'Treasure Island' For Warner Bros As Studio Sets Scribe
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $27M+ Weekend, 'Rogue' Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK -Tuesday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Tupac Shakur Biopic ‘All Eyez On Me’ Gets Summer Release From Lionsgate’s Summit
- Will Donald Trump Strip The FCC Of Some Of Its Regulatory Clout?
- ‘XXX: Return Of Xander Cage’ Nabs Investment From China’s Huahua & SFG
- Richard Armitage Joins ‘Ocean’s Eight’ Cast
- Ed Norton, Bella Thorne & More Join Meryl Streep To Voice TWC’s ‘Guardian Brothers’
- Curzon To Be Honored At BAFTA Film Awards; Maisie Williams Joins Aardman’s ‘Early Man’…