EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation, veteran comedy showrunner Greg Malins has signed a rich overall deal with Sony Pictures TV. I hear the two-year pact does not call for Malins to join an existing series, focusing instead on development. Former Friends executive producer Malins spent the last two years under an overall deal at Warner Bros TV, the studio that produced Friends. He most recently co-created and executive produced with Greg Berlanti an untitled comedy pilot for CBS which was in serious contention but missed the cut. He also served as a consulting producer on WBTV’s breakout CBS comedy series 2 Broke Girls. Before that, he was executive producer/co-showrunner on WBTV’s comedy series Better With You. Before his recent stint at WBTV, WME-repped Malins was at 20th Century Fox TV, where he was an executive producer on the studio’s CBS series How I Met Your Mother and, alongside creators Craig Thomas and Carter Bays, helped guide the comedy’s steady rise.
Greg Malins Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report