EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation, veteran comedy showrunner Greg Malins has signed a rich overall deal with Sony Pictures TV. I hear the two-year pact does not call for Malins to join an existing series, focusing instead on development. Former Friends executive producer Malins spent the last two years under an overall deal at Warner Bros TV, the studio that produced Friends. He most recently co-created and executive produced with Greg Berlanti an untitled comedy pilot for CBS which was in serious contention but missed the cut. He also served as a consulting producer on WBTV’s breakout CBS comedy series 2 Broke Girls. Before that, he was executive producer/co-showrunner on WBTV’s comedy series Better With You. Before his recent stint at WBTV, WME-repped Malins was at 20th Century Fox TV, where he was an executive producer on the studio’s CBS series How I Met Your Mother and, alongside creators Craig Thomas and Carter Bays, helped guide the comedy’s steady rise.
Greg Malins Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'