EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation, veteran comedy showrunner Greg Malins has signed a rich overall deal with Sony Pictures TV. I hear the two-year pact does not call for Malins to join an existing series, focusing instead on development. Former Friends executive producer Malins spent the last two years under an overall deal at Warner Bros TV, the studio that produced Friends. He most recently co-created and executive produced with Greg Berlanti an untitled comedy pilot for CBS which was in serious contention but missed the cut. He also served as a consulting producer on WBTV’s breakout CBS comedy series 2 Broke Girls. Before that, he was executive producer/co-showrunner on WBTV’s comedy series Better With You. Before his recent stint at WBTV, WME-repped Malins was at 20th Century Fox TV, where he was an executive producer on the studio’s CBS series How I Met Your Mother and, alongside creators Craig Thomas and Carter Bays, helped guide the comedy’s steady rise.
Greg Malins Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
Latest TV News
- Genie Francis, ‘General Hospital’s Laura, Bumped Down To Recurring Status On ABC Soap
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order By…
- CBS Orders Drama Pilot ‘Murder’, Comedy ‘I Mom So Hard’ From Warner Bros. TV
- ‘The Alienist’ Review: Nothing Alienating About TNT’s Deft 19th Century Drama
- NBC Orders ‘The Enemy Within’ Drama Pilot From Ken Woodruff & Vernon Sanders
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter