EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation, veteran comedy showrunner Greg Malins has signed a rich overall deal with Sony Pictures TV. I hear the two-year pact does not call for Malins to join an existing series, focusing instead on development. Former Friends executive producer Malins spent the last two years under an overall deal at Warner Bros TV, the studio that produced Friends. He most recently co-created and executive produced with Greg Berlanti an untitled comedy pilot for CBS which was in serious contention but missed the cut. He also served as a consulting producer on WBTV’s breakout CBS comedy series 2 Broke Girls. Before that, he was executive producer/co-showrunner on WBTV’s comedy series Better With You. Before his recent stint at WBTV, WME-repped Malins was at 20th Century Fox TV, where he was an executive producer on the studio’s CBS series How I Met Your Mother and, alongside creators Craig Thomas and Carter Bays, helped guide the comedy’s steady rise.
Greg Malins Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins