Gravitas Ventures and Variance Films have acquired domestic rights to 3,2,1…Frankie Go Boom. The comedy, which premiered at this year’s SXSW Film Festival, stars Bridesmaids’ Chris O’Dowd, Sons of Anarchy’s Ron Perlman, Chris Noth, Charlie Hunnam, Lizzy Caplan and Whitney Cummings. The film will come out on video on demand in September, with a theatrical release to follow in October from Variance. The film is directed and written by Jordan Roberts. Frankie Go Boom is the first of Gravitas and Variance’s plan to partner on purchasing and releasing eight independent films a year in theaters and on VOD.
Gravitas Ventures & Variance Films Pick Up ‘3, 2,1…Frankie Go Boom'
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
TV Upfronts 2017 Schedule: Fewer Agency Parties Amid WGA Strike Fears; CBS Tackles Unexpected Vacancy
Latest Film News
- Netflix Picks Up Alfre Woodard-Starring Drama ‘Juanita’
- Will Smith In Talks To Join Ang Lee For ‘Gemini Man’
- Madonna Criticizes Unauthorized Biopic ‘Blonde Ambition’
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’: $100M Offshore Bow In The Mix? – International Box Office Preview
- Harvey Weinstein On ‘3 Generations’ Ratings Dilemma: Cut, Or Risk Losing Access To Teen Audience
- National CineMedia Promotes Lawrence Snapp To Chief Digital Officer