George Clooney is raising more money for Barack Obama — but in Geneva this time, not Hollywood. After a May 10 dinner at his LA home raised a record-breaking $15 million for the president’s reelection campaign, Clooney is now set to star at another soiree for Obama in Switzerland. The Americans Abroad event, announced on the Obama campaign’s website, is scheduled for August 27. Obama will not be attending. Tickets range from $1,000 each for the reception and $5000 for a photo reception that is expected to have about 150 guests. A more private dinner will cost $20,000 for a individual ticket and $30,000 per couple. The reception and dinner will be hosted by the campaign’s Euro outreach co-president Charles C. Adams Jr and Matthew Barzun. The location has not been determined, according to the campaign. The news today comes as Young Hollywood — and, with David Fincher and Peter Frampton on board, not-so-young Hollywood — prepare for an event for Obama set for tonight at LA’s Soho House. The president will not be in attendance as he was at Clooney’s house or for lucrative fundraisers at Glee creator Ryan Murphy’s place on June 7 and Sarah Jessica Parker’s NYC home on June 14.
George Clooney Headlining Obama Geneva Fundraiser
What's Hot on Deadline
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Latest Film News
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box…
- ‘Soul On Bikes’ About African-American Biker Gang Picked Up For Film Adaptation