Surviving ABC daytime drama General Hospital will move into its new 2 PM slot on September 10 when it will serve as a lead-in for the premiere of Katie Couric’s new syndicated daytime talk show Katie, which will take over General Hospital’s long-time 3 PM time period. GH, which had to move out of the 3 PM berth, which had been promised to Couric, will inherit the 2 PM slot occupied last season by canceled lifestyle series The Revolution and, starting July 9 for two months by the Good Morning America offshoot Good Afternoon America. Approaching 50 years on ABC, General Hospital is the longest-running American soap opera currently in production and the third longest-running drama in American television history. It won a ton of trophies at Saturday’s Daytime Emmy Awards, including best drama series.
'General Hospital' To Move To New 2 PM Slot On September 10
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest TV News
- Actress Accuses ‘Girls’ EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him…
- Netflix Orders Comedy Series Starring Rev Run From Amblin TV & ABC Signature
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Review: Gotta Watch Spike Lee’s TV Version Of 1986 Movie
- CBS Gives ‘S.W.A.T’ Full-Season Order, Picks Up 3 More Episodes Of ‘9JKL’, No Decision Yet On ‘Wisdom Of the Crowd…
- ‘Dietland’ Casts Ricardo Davila As Regular; Dale Whibley Joins ‘Ice’
- Liza Koshy To Star In New YouTube Red Comedy Series ‘Liza On Demand’