Surviving ABC daytime drama General Hospital will move into its new 2 PM slot on September 10 when it will serve as a lead-in for the premiere of Katie Couric’s new syndicated daytime talk show Katie, which will take over General Hospital’s long-time 3 PM time period. GH, which had to move out of the 3 PM berth, which had been promised to Couric, will inherit the 2 PM slot occupied last season by canceled lifestyle series The Revolution and, starting July 9 for two months by the Good Morning America offshoot Good Afternoon America. Approaching 50 years on ABC, General Hospital is the longest-running American soap opera currently in production and the third longest-running drama in American television history. It won a ton of trophies at Saturday’s Daytime Emmy Awards, including best drama series.
'General Hospital' To Move To New 2 PM Slot On September 10
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- Eliza Dushku Joins CBS’ ‘Bull’ As Savvy Lawyer This Season & Maybe Next
- ‘Ink Master’ Renewed For Season 10 At Spike
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’, ‘Genius’ & ‘Vietnam War’ Among Tribeca TV Fest Slate
- ‘The Knick’ Canceled After 2 Seasons As Cinemax Focuses On Action Dramas
- ‘Westworld’: Talulah Riley Promoted To Series Regular For Season 2 On HBO
- ‘Happy!’ Bobby Moynihan To Voice Title Character In Syfy Pilot