Surviving ABC daytime drama General Hospital will move into its new 2 PM slot on September 10 when it will serve as a lead-in for the premiere of Katie Couric’s new syndicated daytime talk show Katie, which will take over General Hospital’s long-time 3 PM time period. GH, which had to move out of the 3 PM berth, which had been promised to Couric, will inherit the 2 PM slot occupied last season by canceled lifestyle series The Revolution and, starting July 9 for two months by the Good Morning America offshoot Good Afternoon America. Approaching 50 years on ABC, General Hospital is the longest-running American soap opera currently in production and the third longest-running drama in American television history. It won a ton of trophies at Saturday’s Daytime Emmy Awards, including best drama series.
'General Hospital' To Move To New 2 PM Slot On September 10
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest TV News
- ‘Scandal’ Wraps Production Of Series Finale In A Blaze Of Social-Media Glory
- NCAA Nabs Friday’s Top Spot, ‘MasterChef Junior’ Strong, ‘Taken’ Grabs Season High Crowd
- How Barbra Streisand Avoided #MeToo Moments In Her Career: ‘I Worked With Great Men’ – PaleyFest
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
- Trump’s Lawyer Sues Stormy Daniels For $20M In Advance Of ’60 Minutes’ Interview