EXCLUSIVE: Raising Hope‘s Garret Dillahunt has been set by director Steve McQueen for Twelve Years A Slave. He joins Chiwitel Ejifior, Brad Pitt, Michael Fassbender, Paul Dano and Taran Killam. Filming is about to get underway in New Orleans. Dillahunt will portray Armsby, a fellow field hand who works alongside Solomon Northup, a free black man who’s brought South against his will and sold into slavery. New Regency is backing the film and River Road and Plan B are producing. Dillahunt is repped by UTA and D2 Management.
Garret Dillahunt Joins 'Twelve Years A Slave'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount