The second-season finale of HBO’s Game Of Thrones last night drew a series-high 4.2 million viewers at 9 PM, up 38% from the Season 1 closer’s 3 million. With an additional 910,000 viewers tuning in for the 11:10 PM replay, the combined gross audience for the night was 5.1 million viewers. For the season, GOT has an average gross audience of 10.4 million viewers per episode, including linear, on-demand and DVR play. The GOT finale also lifted HBO’s new comedies: Veep (1.2 million viewers at 10:10 PM) had its second-most-watched episode, while Girls (1.1 million at 10:40 PM) hit a series high.
'Game Of Thrones' Hits Series High In Season Finale With 4.2 Million Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’: Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
- ‘Will & Grace’ Cast React To Season 3 Renewal; Talk Favorite Guest Stars
- ‘Will & Grace’ Revival Renewed For Season 3 By NBC, Season 2 Expanded
- ‘Harry & Meghan’ Teaser: First Look At The Lifetime Royal Romance
- ‘Scandal’ Wraps Production Of Series Finale In A Blaze Of Social-Media Glory
- NCAA Nabs Friday’s Top Spot, ‘MasterChef Junior’ Strong, ‘Taken’ Grabs Season High Crowd