The second-season finale of HBO’s Game Of Thrones last night drew a series-high 4.2 million viewers at 9 PM, up 38% from the Season 1 closer’s 3 million. With an additional 910,000 viewers tuning in for the 11:10 PM replay, the combined gross audience for the night was 5.1 million viewers. For the season, GOT has an average gross audience of 10.4 million viewers per episode, including linear, on-demand and DVR play. The GOT finale also lifted HBO’s new comedies: Veep (1.2 million viewers at 10:10 PM) had its second-most-watched episode, while Girls (1.1 million at 10:40 PM) hit a series high.
'Game Of Thrones' Hits Series High In Season Finale With 4.2 Million Viewers
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'
- FX Renews Comedies 'Married' & 'You're The Worst', Moves 'Worst' To FXX
- NBC Nabs 'Raven Rock' Drama From Robert Zemeckis, Bob Cooper, eOne & Paramount TV
- Frances Berwick To Lead NBCU Lifestyle Networks, Adding Oversight Of E! & Esquire; Adam Stotsky Named E! GM
- 'Big' Series In Works At Fox With 'Enlisted's Kevin Biegel & Mike Royce