The second-season finale of HBO’s Game Of Thrones last night drew a series-high 4.2 million viewers at 9 PM, up 38% from the Season 1 closer’s 3 million. With an additional 910,000 viewers tuning in for the 11:10 PM replay, the combined gross audience for the night was 5.1 million viewers. For the season, GOT has an average gross audience of 10.4 million viewers per episode, including linear, on-demand and DVR play. The GOT finale also lifted HBO’s new comedies: Veep (1.2 million viewers at 10:10 PM) had its second-most-watched episode, while Girls (1.1 million at 10:40 PM) hit a series high.
'Game Of Thrones' Hits Series High In Season Finale With 4.2 Million Viewers
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips