The Miami Heat weren’t the only winners last night when LeBron James and team defeated the Oklahoma City Thunder to win their second NBA championship. ABC scored too. The 2012 NBA Finals averaged an 11.8 overnight rating for the network. That’s up 5% from last year’s five game Finals overnight ratings average between the Heat and the Dallas Mavericks. This year is the highest five-game average since 2004 and the second-highest ever for ABC. Thursday’s NBA Finals Game 5 scored a 12.5 overnight rating, matching last year’s battle between the Heat and the Dallas Mavericks.
Game 5 of NBA Finals On Par With Last Year, Finals Highest Rated in 8 Years
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest TV News
- StudioCanal Launching French TV Production Unit
- Broadcast Series Renewals & Cancellations: The List So Far
- ‘Vida’ Showrunner Tanya Saracho Inks Overall Deal With Starz
- ‘The Bisexual’ Casts; Portugal Offers $3.5M Incentives; ITV Eyes More ‘Full Monty’…
- ‘Grand Hotel’: Roselyn Sanchez To Star In ABC Drama Pilot, Ken Olin To Direct
- Donald Trump Touts NRA Plan To Arm Teachers At CPAC