The Miami Heat weren’t the only winners last night when LeBron James and team defeated the Oklahoma City Thunder to win their second NBA championship. ABC scored too. The 2012 NBA Finals averaged an 11.8 overnight rating for the network. That’s up 5% from last year’s five game Finals overnight ratings average between the Heat and the Dallas Mavericks. This year is the highest five-game average since 2004 and the second-highest ever for ABC. Thursday’s NBA Finals Game 5 scored a 12.5 overnight rating, matching last year’s battle between the Heat and the Dallas Mavericks.
Game 5 of NBA Finals On Par With Last Year, Finals Highest Rated in 8 Years
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Hit Low, CBS & Fox Tackled By NFL Overruns
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms