The Miami Heat weren’t the only winners last night when LeBron James and team defeated the Oklahoma City Thunder to win their second NBA championship. ABC scored too. The 2012 NBA Finals averaged an 11.8 overnight rating for the network. That’s up 5% from last year’s five game Finals overnight ratings average between the Heat and the Dallas Mavericks. This year is the highest five-game average since 2004 and the second-highest ever for ABC. Thursday’s NBA Finals Game 5 scored a 12.5 overnight rating, matching last year’s battle between the Heat and the Dallas Mavericks.
Game 5 of NBA Finals On Par With Last Year, Finals Highest Rated in 8 Years
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
BAFTA TV Craft Award Winners Include 'The Crown', 'The Night Manager', 'National Treasure' -- Full List
Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio & Robert De Niro Eyeing 'Killers Of The Flower Moon' From Eric Roth Adaptation
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
Latest TV News
- 'Feud: Bette and Joan' Finale: EP Tim Minear Avoided A "Petty Bitchfest"
- ‘Genius’ Stars Geoffrey Rush & Johnny Flynn On Their Shared Task Of Humanizing Albert Einstein — Tribeca…
- BAFTA TV Craft Award Winners Include ‘The Crown’, ‘The Night Manager’, ‘National Treasure’ — Full…
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Star Yvonne Strahovski: “Women's Rights Are Human Rights” — Tribeca…
- Erin Moran: “We Did Our Best”, Says Child Actor Advocate Paul Petersen
- Ex-Fox Anchor Alisyn Camerota Says Roger Ailes Sexually Harassed Her