The Miami Heat weren’t the only winners last night when LeBron James and team defeated the Oklahoma City Thunder to win their second NBA championship. ABC scored too. The 2012 NBA Finals averaged an 11.8 overnight rating for the network. That’s up 5% from last year’s five game Finals overnight ratings average between the Heat and the Dallas Mavericks. This year is the highest five-game average since 2004 and the second-highest ever for ABC. Thursday’s NBA Finals Game 5 scored a 12.5 overnight rating, matching last year’s battle between the Heat and the Dallas Mavericks.
Game 5 of NBA Finals On Par With Last Year, Finals Highest Rated in 8 Years
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
Latest TV News
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices