In a fallout from last month’s announcement that FremantleMedia North America CEO Cecile Frot-Coutaz will replace Tony Cohen as CEO of parent company FremantleMedia, FremntleMedia’s COO Gary Carter has resigned. Carter, who has worked for FremantleMedia since 2005, had been widely tipped for the CEO job. He will now help with the transition to the new CEO before leaving at the end of the year. Carter oversees FremantleMedia’s European operations; serves as the chief creative officer of FMX, the company’s experimental cross-platform division; and heads Creative Networks, which consists of FremantleMedia’s Worldwide Drama and Worldwide Entertainment departments. “Since joining FremantleMedia, I have been fortunate enough to experience many parts of this company, but believe that it is now time for me to seek out new experiences,” he said in a statement. Carter joined FremantleMedia Worldwide Entertainment in January 2005, having been a consultant for the company since August 2003. Before that, Carter was executive director of program affairs for Endemol.
FremantleMedia COO Gary Carter Resigns
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'L.A. Confidential': Walton Goggins To Co-Star In CBS Drama Pilot; Anna Fricke Joins As Co-Showrunner
Latest TV News
- ‘Working With Weinstein’ Doc Secures Just Under 1M Viewers With New Revelations And Interviews
- Gunpowder Sales; James Corden UK Deal; Fremantle/BBCW Benelux; All3M Australia – Global Briefs
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation