In a fallout from last month’s announcement that FremantleMedia North America CEO Cecile Frot-Coutaz will replace Tony Cohen as CEO of parent company FremantleMedia, FremntleMedia’s COO Gary Carter has resigned. Carter, who has worked for FremantleMedia since 2005, had been widely tipped for the CEO job. He will now help with the transition to the new CEO before leaving at the end of the year. Carter oversees FremantleMedia’s European operations; serves as the chief creative officer of FMX, the company’s experimental cross-platform division; and heads Creative Networks, which consists of FremantleMedia’s Worldwide Drama and Worldwide Entertainment departments. “Since joining FremantleMedia, I have been fortunate enough to experience many parts of this company, but believe that it is now time for me to seek out new experiences,” he said in a statement. Carter joined FremantleMedia Worldwide Entertainment in January 2005, having been a consultant for the company since August 2003. Before that, Carter was executive director of program affairs for Endemol.
FremantleMedia COO Gary Carter Resigns
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Syfy Orders 'Hunters' Series From Gale Anne Hurd Based On 'Alien Hunter' Book
- 'Gotham' & 'Scorpion' Off To Solid Start, 'Forever' Preview Decent, 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'The Blacklist' Return Strong…
- AMC Pilot 'White City' Casting: Tim Peper, Mercedes Mason & Josh Pence Join
- Adaptation Of Telenovela 'La Reina Del Sur' Ordered To Pilot By USA Network
- 'True Detective': Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn Confirmed As Season 2 Stars & Justin Lin As Director By HBO
- Rocsi Diaz To Exit 'Entertainment Tonight'