In a fallout from last month’s announcement that FremantleMedia North America CEO Cecile Frot-Coutaz will replace Tony Cohen as CEO of parent company FremantleMedia, FremntleMedia’s COO Gary Carter has resigned. Carter, who has worked for FremantleMedia since 2005, had been widely tipped for the CEO job. He will now help with the transition to the new CEO before leaving at the end of the year. Carter oversees FremantleMedia’s European operations; serves as the chief creative officer of FMX, the company’s experimental cross-platform division; and heads Creative Networks, which consists of FremantleMedia’s Worldwide Drama and Worldwide Entertainment departments. “Since joining FremantleMedia, I have been fortunate enough to experience many parts of this company, but believe that it is now time for me to seek out new experiences,” he said in a statement. Carter joined FremantleMedia Worldwide Entertainment in January 2005, having been a consultant for the company since August 2003. Before that, Carter was executive director of program affairs for Endemol.
FremantleMedia COO Gary Carter Resigns
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup