EXCLUSIVE: Freddy Rodriguez has joined the cast of CBGB. The Six Feet Under star will take on one of the film’s leading roles, “Idaho,” an addict who hung around Hily Kristal’s infamous New York City club in the 1970s. Rodriguez, who also appears in the upcoming Code Name Geronimo, the John Stockwell-directed drama about the hunt for Osama bin Laden, is scheduled to start work on CBGB next Monday, June 25. Randall Miller is directing and writing the indie film about the club that saw the birth of American punk rock with bands like The Ramones, Blondie, Television and the Dead Boys performing on its tiny stage. Sons of Anarchy’s Ryan Hurst has also joined CBGB. The actor will play a biker named Mad Mountain who is a regular at the club and provides Hily Kristal with some much need help when the CBGB owner gets leaned on by local crooks. Alan Rickman will play CBGB proprietor Kristal. Malin Akerman plays Blondie’s lead singer Debbie Harry. Twilight Saga’s Ashley Greene will play Kristal’s daughter. As Deadline reported, The Hangover’s Justin Bartha will play Stiv Bators, lead singer of the Dead Boys. The Big Bang Theory’s Johnny Galecki is playing band manager Terry Ork. Foo Fighters’ drummer Taylor Hawkins is playing Iggy Pop. And Harry Potter’s Rupert Grint will play Dead Boys guitarist Cheetah Chrome. The film is shooting in Savannah, Ga., before moving to NYC. Hurst is repped by Domain Talent and managed by Piper Kaniecki Management. Rodriguez is repped by UTA and Kass Management and attorney Steve Warren.
Freddy Rodriguez Heads To 'CBGB'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’
- Belgium Selects ‘The Ardennes’ For Foreign Language Oscar Race; Korea Taps Spy Film ‘Age Of Shadows’
- Kaitlyn Dever & Hannah Murray Joins Kathryn Bigelow’s Detroit Riots Pic; Indie ‘Walden’ Adds Demián Bichir…
- Kathryn Bigelow Adds Cast To Mark Boal-Scripted Detroit Movie
- Chris Parnell Enrolls In New Line’s ‘Life Of The Party’; Nicky Whelan Joins ‘Tragedy Girls’
- ‘Finding Steve McQueen’ Helmed By Mark Steven Johnson With Forest Whitaker, Travis Fimmel, Kate Bosworth, Others