Disney’s stop-motion animated Tim Burton movie Frankenweenie has been set to world premiere as the opening-night film at Fantastic Fest on September 20, organizers said this morning. The studio opens the movie wide domestically on October 5. The black-and-white 3D pic, written by John August, is about a boy who brings his beloved dog back to life — with just a few minor adjustments. Catherine O’Hara, Martin Short, Martin Landau, Charlie Tahan, Atticus Shaffer, Robert Capron, Conchata Ferrell and Winona Ryder are among the voice cast. The genre festival runs through September 27 in Austin. UPDATE: As part of Disney’s promotion of the pic, it has released a cool 360-degree tour video of the set with interactive elements to click into. It’s certainly a different way to tell a behind-the-scenes story. Here it is:
'Frankenweenie' To Bow At Fantastic Fest
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest Film News
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking