Disney’s stop-motion animated Tim Burton movie Frankenweenie has been set to world premiere as the opening-night film at Fantastic Fest on September 20, organizers said this morning. The studio opens the movie wide domestically on October 5. The black-and-white 3D pic, written by John August, is about a boy who brings his beloved dog back to life — with just a few minor adjustments. Catherine O’Hara, Martin Short, Martin Landau, Charlie Tahan, Atticus Shaffer, Robert Capron, Conchata Ferrell and Winona Ryder are among the voice cast. The genre festival runs through September 27 in Austin. UPDATE: As part of Disney’s promotion of the pic, it has released a cool 360-degree tour video of the set with interactive elements to click into. It’s certainly a different way to tell a behind-the-scenes story. Here it is:
'Frankenweenie' To Bow At Fantastic Fest
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'