Disney’s stop-motion animated Tim Burton movie Frankenweenie has been set to world premiere as the opening-night film at Fantastic Fest on September 20, organizers said this morning. The studio opens the movie wide domestically on October 5. The black-and-white 3D pic, written by John August, is about a boy who brings his beloved dog back to life — with just a few minor adjustments. Catherine O’Hara, Martin Short, Martin Landau, Charlie Tahan, Atticus Shaffer, Robert Capron, Conchata Ferrell and Winona Ryder are among the voice cast. The genre festival runs through September 27 in Austin. UPDATE: As part of Disney’s promotion of the pic, it has released a cool 360-degree tour video of the set with interactive elements to click into. It’s certainly a different way to tell a behind-the-scenes story. Here it is:
'Frankenweenie' To Bow At Fantastic Fest
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
'Game Of Thrones' Maestro George R.R. Martin Gets In Business With Warner Bros. Animation: Studio To Adapt Author's 'The Ice Dragon'
Latest Film News
- Fox 2000 Sets Release Date For ‘The Hate U Give’
- Abrams Artists Agency Ups Jade Sherman To VP On Digital Team
- ‘Outlander’s Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony’s ‘Bloodshot’; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also…
- Gal Gadot, Sue Kroll & Jaron Varsano Team To Produce ‘My Dearest Fidel’
- Why Is Comcast Still So Hot For Fox?
- ‘Show Dogs’ Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message