Disney’s stop-motion animated Tim Burton movie Frankenweenie has been set to world premiere as the opening-night film at Fantastic Fest on September 20, organizers said this morning. The studio opens the movie wide domestically on October 5. The black-and-white 3D pic, written by John August, is about a boy who brings his beloved dog back to life — with just a few minor adjustments. Catherine O’Hara, Martin Short, Martin Landau, Charlie Tahan, Atticus Shaffer, Robert Capron, Conchata Ferrell and Winona Ryder are among the voice cast. The genre festival runs through September 27 in Austin. UPDATE: As part of Disney’s promotion of the pic, it has released a cool 360-degree tour video of the set with interactive elements to click into. It’s certainly a different way to tell a behind-the-scenes story. Here it is:
'Frankenweenie' To Bow At Fantastic Fest
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
'I Can Only Imagine' Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe's Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
Latest Film News
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Busy Sundance Producer Rachel Song Launches China Production Company
- No. 8 ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’ Review: Wes Anderson’s Weirdly Wonderful Canine Epic Is A Toon Worth Telling
- Behind The MGM Shakeup Shocker! What Happened To Instigate MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber’s Ouster?